Long Gun policy?

Hardy641

Last week I visited with two friends the Long Gun Bar in Soi Cowboy. I haven’t been there for quite some time as this place is usually extremely packed. Understandable being nearly the only place having some nude dancers and shows. So we decided to go early. When we entered the bar at 8.30pm the place looked promising. Around 15 dancers on the stage, among them 4 real cute ones and only a dozen customers. We set down, ordered drinks and started the usual eye-catching process. But when the shift changed something strange happened. Suddenly around 15 girls came out of the rooms behind, while the shift, which just danced, disappeared into these rooms without coming back. Then we realized that all customers (7) on our side were sitting alone and that except of the service girls, the girls on stage and 3 girls sitting at the entrance, there were no girls in the bar. Well this play (new shift coming out and old one disappearing) happened twice again and still there was hardly any girl sitting with a customer. By the time the bar got packed and we decided to leave. When leaving I spotted a girl working there for years, who I know pretty well and asked her what is all this for good. She said that the girls are asked to stay behind, that more customers get a seat, because if the shows start there is never enough place in the bar.

Again a new policy born out of greed, as they want to fill the place with paying customers and a girl sitting with a customer only takes the place of another punter.

Did anybody made the same experience? If yes, I will definitely give the place a miss in the future.

Where are the good old days, when the girls where walking around hand in hand and where looking for customers they can sit with during the shows?

frown.gif" border="0

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hardy, I remember when the Long Gun was a good place to go to get a girl. But recently have had the same experience as yourself, where the girls disappear between their turns on stage. As you say probably through greed of the management wanting more paying punters in there. I know several people who will no longer go in there as they are interested in bar fining girls and think it pointless to try in Long Gun. I now only go in there for a few if I'm already with a girl who might want to see the shows.

Cheers Simie.

Great points by Hardy and Simie.

I, too, will not go to Long Gun much anymore for the reasons mentioned. There just aren't many available ladies like before. They are either on the stage, in one of the back rooms, or, maybe even off on the street trying to get more suckers into the place.

I used to think they migrated to Rawhide, LG's sister bar, but I don't think so.

I agree if you really, really want to see a show, or take someone else who demands to see one, then, Long Gun is probably your only alternative. But, get there early or you will have to squeeze in.

I am really looking forward to seeing what Dollhouse - Cowboy will be like.

I've always thought that Long Gun is lacking in terms of atmosphere. Most of the girls have attitudes, but I admit the scenery can be ok.

I always thought Rawhide was better until I visited it recently. Absolutely dead, and just that katoey manager around. That's been around for years I think and is not looking any better. If there is anyone on this board who has intimate knowledge of that 'thing' please keep it to yourself.

When I was in Long Gun last week, i had just gotten comfy, talking to a nice young lady when we were asked to move seats, so they could fit another couple in...why they could not have sat in the other seats only the waitress knew.

OK, we'll move....then get asked to do the same thing 10 minutes later. By now we were sitting right under the speakers, so when the new arrivals left after one drink I moved back to the oroginal spot. Not for long though, the rigmarole started again. This time i just told the waitress the others could sit under the speaker, which she did not like one little bit.

Then my girl was told to get up to make way for one more person...."lady not sit, customer sit there". Oh yeah ? Well, I'm not going to sit here buying drinks then either, see ya !

Sure they got one extra beer sold, but they missed out on what I was buying, plus a probable barfine.....thai business logic !

Mike, I know what you mean about Thai business logic! There have only been half a dozen or so replies on this thread so far, but it seems all from Long Gun punters who once liked the place and have now becomed cheesed off with the place. Ok at the present the place is still packed, but what I wonder are the management going to do when (as I think sooner or later they will have to, police run or not)the shows come to an end? When all the punters who used to just come for the shows have cleared off. They might wonder where all the old punters are who got fed up with their present policies.

Cheers Simie.

Going against the flow here, I've started to like Long Gun recently, whereas before I had no time for it. Perhaps it's something to do with the array of decent-looking naked tits on display which, after all, is surely the main function of a go-go bar. If you want a quiet beer and a place to sit, go to a beer-bar.

I haven't even found any of these 'attitude problems' amonst the showgirls. They're on the shy side compared to Nana, but staring (nicely) for long enough tends to bring them to your table.

Archived