So who would YOU like to squire around Suk?

fool

Got this idea from some discussions that take place from time to time with colleagues about different places.

For all of us with some LOS/BKK/SUK history and maybe even insight, no matter how minimal. Given the opportunity, who would you relish spending a night or two with out on the town, showing them the fun and the freakish, simply to enjoy the experience.

I have previously introduced Thailand to a couple of work colleagues and it has always been a hoot, usually the look on their faces as we entered the first go-go :) I'm looking forward to showing my brother around on his first visit here later this year. Just thinking about who would make the ideal companion for a first night or two.

Fool - like you I have to do this for work about once a month - it's hard to explain to the wife why I have to go to certain soi's for "work" but it is work.

Have had some very funny experiences too.

Some years ago before Baccara was modded I took a colleague in here. He was always a very well presented guy, didn't even own a T shirt and if he wasn't in a suit then a blazer at least. You get the picture. On a couple of days visit to BKK he called and asked me to show him some of the more er well known places, and since he knew me well he knew well what this meant. I met him at his hotel, The Grand Hyatt Erawan and we had a couple of drinks in the lounge before heading to Cowboy. I took him into Bacara and as we sat down he ordered from the dek serve, G+T Bombay Sapphire, and they had it, pleased him no end. A few minutes later he remarked on how it was not bad at all and some great looking bikini clad girls, we sat on stools at the side of the raised stage. I remarked that it wasn't so bad if you didn't mind the cracks in the ceiling. That made him raise his head, at which point he promptly fell off his stool.

It was a good one to be sure and still works in the right circumstances methinks. I have my brother visiting in a couple of months, should be quite fun. I have an Uncle who has visited Thailand many times but always with my aunt. I know he would dearly love to 'escape' for a few hours to sample something small and brown and he knows I am more than willing to assist, we just never had the opportunity yet. That should also be a fun time.

Archived