Fucking Air Asia

CTO

Now I have been using them since they first launched - averaging a flight every fortnight almost.

And what the FARK do they do - bring in a 50 Baht "Check IN" fee!

FARK

If you check in a bag - 50 baht per bag

Get fucked Air Asia

CTO

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

what do you expect?

it is a no frill airline!

cheap ticket, a lot of extra charges.

soon you will also pay for using

- a seat

- restroom

- announcement of the pilot

- gate toll or ticket for bus bringing to you airplane

- boardingpass fee

what else?

Er, try a 900 baht 'check-in' fee ...

I got pinged for excess baggage at their counter in BKK - accepted it as I had added clothes etc - bag weighed in at 26kg, 6 kg over their limit. Same bag weighed 18kg at the Virgin Blue check-in counter 24 hours later in Brisbane - go figure.

As DS says, they do have low fares, so I guess we just have to grin and bear it ...

:banghead:

and don't be surprise when you have to pay 100 baht to use the bathroom and fifty baht for paper to wipe your ass. I am not surprise that USA planes are not already doing this.

Pleeeeeze, don't give the airlines any ideas!

I flew a domestic flight in the USA, two weeks ago, 1st class...I got a soda and a bag of pretzels...that was it!!!

1st farkin' class...WTF!!!

Plus, no free lounge to wait in...nuttin!!!

Low-cost flights and even regular airlines back here in damn old Europe:

- Food/drinks on board have to be paid for:

Means if you want a small breakfast: Sandwich + coffee and juice -> Around 500 bht

- Have a luggage which is slightly bigger: 1K-2K bht minimum...

And I am talking about flights within Europe which do no last more than 2 hours on average.

(Luckily the company pays for the travel expenses)

Don't cry too much for air asia...

One guy who was in the news recently, had to fly sitting on the toilet seat on Jetblue. True story.

[color:red]"It was not the fact that he was asked to give up his seat on a JetBlue Airways plane on behalf of a flight attendant that appears to have upset Gokhan Mutlu so much. It was the alternative seat he was offered - in the toilet.

Mutlu has lodged a $2m (£1m) lawsuit in a Manhattan court complaining that he was told to "go hang out" in the toilet and made to sit there for up to three hours of a five-hour flight from San Diego to New York. Not only did he suffer "extreme humiliation", the legal papers say, but he was also subjected to "tremendous fear" and danger as he was left in the closet without a seatbelt.

The legal action has so far been met with a resounding no comment from JetBlue, a low-cost airline that prides itself on its relatively new fleet of planes and efficient service. That is not how Mutlu describes his experience in the court papers.

He was travelling on February 16 on a JetBlue "buddy pass" that allows friends of the airline's employees to travel on standby. The flight was full, but he was allowed on after a flight attendant agreed to sit in one of the "jump seats" used by employees.

Ninety minutes into the flight Mutlu was told the flight attendant was uncomfortable in the jump seat and would be taking his seat instead. According to the lawsuit, he was pointed towards the toilet.

When he protested, the pilot came back and told him "he was the pilot, that this was his plane, under his command, that [Mutlu] should be grateful for being on board". He was left in the toilet even during turbulence, without a seatbelt, breaking federal laws, the legal papers say.

He was later allowed to return to his original seat, but evidently not quickly enough to prevent him seeking revenge through the courts.[/color]

Link

That's really effed up, if it's the whole story. The flight attendant gave up her crew rest seat or else the guy wouldn't be on board. She doesn't get to change her mind, mid-flight and leave the guy without a seat - pretty sure that's illegal - because he's not permitted to sit in the jump seat that she should be occupying. The pilot should know better.

What gets me also, is that it's only a five or six hour flight! I'm pretty sure that back in the day when domestic airlines provided service, a flight attendant would have been on her feet the whole time apart from take-off, turbulence, and landing, when she'd be in the jump seat - not a crew rest seat.

Archived