Vista sucks!

Old Hippie

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My old Toshiba laptop does the same thing all the time. It crashes for no apparent reason' date=' starting the damn thing up seems to take half a fucking morning. I've always thought that some virus was the reason but maybe I'm wrong. I'm very close to chucking the damned thing in the bin. :banghead: [/quote']

I had the Toshiba M60 ...was going to cost 600Aud to fix it(shut down ) ...i bought a new HP and no problems anymore ..no way i will buy a Toshiba again

Toshiba's are just fine IMHO, had three now (all via upgrades) each one has lasted me 3-4 years.

Many people blame the machine when IME software is the problem. I do agree Vista is a pile of poo compared to XP or Linux for that matter.

All the PC manufacturers allow for a 30 day (at least) return policy. Time to send that turkey back OH!

I bought it at a place called best buys' date=' and they have a 15 day window for return...and, I'd have to pay 15% restocking fee...which I may just bite it and do...after a fight of course...HP is involved...so I am hoping for the best. I am sure there is some sort of remedy, especially if the machine is fucked up. From what have read, Vista has a lot of issues...with Mozilla, and what not.

[/quote']

Should of bought it at Costco, 90 day return policy, no questions asked (manufactuers guarntee on top).

Costco is great for returns. Trouble IS, they didn't have this model.

I just spoke to the H.P. Rep. He will send me recovery disks, and then have a tech talk me through the installation of them. I will then go back and add the programs I have on here now, 1 by 1 and see if there is one that is causing the problem.

He said *IF* that doesn't take care of the problem, he will send me a new computer, and we will go from there. All this is frankly more trouble than I feel I should have to go through but what can you do (besides buy a MAC next time)?

The H.P. guy did say installing windows updates can often cause new problems and compatibility issues, and did advise against installing them "...if the machine is running well..."

The main thing that seemed to raise question is why is takes so damned long to start up and shut down at times, which he said could be a hardware OR software problem.

Over all, this shit pisses me off, but so far, they seem interested in resolving the issue. I just don't think anyone should have to go through this "right out of the box."

On a bright note, last night, I was taking the trash out, and I saw my neighbor, the one (woman) with the big tits, drying off after a shower, full on nudity! So life isn't all bad.

There is a great article written on upgrading Windows XP and Vista.

However it's written in the reverse - moving from Vista to XP

"For the first time Microsoft has got it right! XP is a great improvement over Vista. All the bugs have been solved and the system works quickly and well"

Will see if I can find the revue!

Archived