Truth or fiction? Doesn't really matter.

lingus

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I suspect this is the concern of the OP. Or.. the innocent non suspecting farang might be done in by the Thai BF at some point...who knows...?

These girls play us...no denying that fact...I say whores are more honest, so stick to them. Except my girl, she is different...no, she really is...

I don't think I can talk further without hard evidence - remember the informants? They really don't want to be in any fallout and they will be no matter which way things go. If Friend confronted GTG with the accusation, all that would happen is the informants would be dumped in the poo. And he would - there is no evidence to the contrary. Excuses believed, family in on the gag and providing alibis. Thankfully I don't think much money is involved. And it could all be innocent - I know how the girls embellish and gossip.

Tell your friend everything you know/suspect.

Has that ever worked for anyone? You tell your good friend the girl he is falling for is playing him and he thanks you? More likely he denies it and you lose the friendship over the girl. Think about what is at stake for him. He must admit that he is a sucker to fall for her, that a girl like her couldn't really love him, his dream of finding the ideal girl is just that. Even if it costs him money and friends he will likely cling to the fantasy for as long as he can. It feels better than the alternative.

Maybe, but I've done it and it's worked, I can be quite convincing sometimes...I also saved someone's life (a friend) who was being beaten by her boyfriend and wouldn't leave him. Battered wife "syndrome" is arguably tougher to break than some old guy who's gone gooey cos he has some young fit girl to shag.

Professionally I've made extremely dangerous people safe enough to reenter society although admittedly that takes a few years.

Personally I'd risk the adverse reaction from the friend. He really wont be pleased if he finds out you knew and said nothing...

Finally,I guess I don't quit and I give it straight. People do realise the right thing to do in the end, usually, unless they've got some sort of personality disorder....

I don't get it, sorry!

Tell you friend because he deserves to know that he is being played, why you want to watch him getting hurt and let him invest more feelings and most likely money into a relationship that is meant to break in the first place.

If your friendship breaks over it - it wasn't too strong anyways!

It is common sense.. no?

Fully agree with Faustian and CT. As a friend, you should do what you can to help him. As for his reaction, that is beyond your control. Like CT says, if he doesn't want to see you after that, he wasn't that good a friend to begin with.

If you do tell him, at least you know you did everything you could to help him. That's what mates do.

Archived