Carrefour Creamhorns

FreeTime

If you like to indulge in an occasional bakery item, the Carrefour store produces an excellent creamhorn. Currently 17 baht, on sale once in a while at 12. The bakers don't work from a mold and seem to frequently lose their concentration, resulting in industrial size creamhorns. The Tesco Lotus version is hopelessly inferior. Another bakery item worth trying is the Tops Market spinach croissant. 22 baht, and once in a while 18. (with member card) Have you come across an exceptional bakery item? I don't mind expanding my short list.

I love savoury pastry items, with like bacon, cheese, broccoli, salmon, mushroom etc.....but I've not found any in Bangkok yet. I used to be addicted to these things in the UK.

Never been a big fan of any pastry item in LOS. Always inferior. My gf did find a couple of reasonable ones a long time back, no idea where from.

I just love pastry.

I'm a savoury kind of person, I'm sweet enough already :neener: Evidently you are not... :neener::neener:

Not found anything to approach the stuff I used to eat in the UK. I used to have spasms of pure joy over a broccoli, cheese and chicken savoury pastry slice from a bakery near Waterloo Station in London. Their salmon and broccoli slice was also heaven.

Hi,

Try Starbuck's. They have some nice savoury pastries; I rather liked their pork & mushroom pie.

I am actually quite lucky when it comes to pastries and cakes. My wife loves to bake and makes a very mean raspberry cheesecake (ask CTO :) ) as well as a large range of other goodies (lemon pie, brownies, cookies, etc.).

Sanuk!

Archived