What Film (Movie) Have You Just Watched?

The_Munchmaster

Mindhunter

In the late 1970s two FBI agents expand criminal science by delving into the psychology of murder and getting uneasily close to all-too-real monsters.

Good series.

The USA has a weekly show called Criminal Minds and the Mindhunter is about how they built the Behavior Analysis Unit (BAU),

which the series Criminal Minds continues on with.

*** 1/2

good series !

American Made (2017)

Tom cruise plays Barry Seal, a Pilot who flies for TWA then CIA then Drug,dealers etc. Quite a good story this and true.

Tom Cruise is notable for not being old or short, in any shot. Aaaahhh! the magic of film....

Hangman (2017) - Brittany Snow, Al Pacino, Karl Urban

This is the best Cop/Serial Killer movie I've seen in a very long time - Al Pacino does his usual excellent acting, Brittany Snow, a very good performance.

Karl Urban, is very, very good and I don't say this, because he's a Kiwi. If you've seen him as, Kirill, the Russian Secret Service assassin, in The Bourne Supremacy, you'll have a taste of the performance here.

This is a really good movie, no CGI, just acting and craft.

Well worth a watch.

American Assassin (2017) - After the death of his girlfriend at the hands of terrorists, Mitch Rapp is drawn into the world of counterterrorism, mentored by tough-as-nails former U.S. Navy S.E.A.L. Stan Hurley. IMDB

I normally don't appreciate the talents of Michael Keaton, but he's a good watch in this movie.

Sorta: Jame Bond meets Jason Bourne, meets disaster movie.

Quite good, worth a watch.

Acts Of Vengeance (2017) - Antonio Banderas revenging his family killed by a cop (Karl Urban), not bad, worth a watch.

The Hitman's Bodyguard (2017) - Ryan Reynolds, Samuel L. Jackson, Gary Oldman - Fun movie, Samuel shines as usual, well worth a watch.

Instrument of War (2017) - American and British POWs, German guards, a prisoner builds a violin from the plank up, with all the trials and tribulations that brings. Apparently a true story. Quite good this, worth a watch.

War for the Planet of the Apes (2017) - Whilst the visuals of the CGI Apes are extremely good, (WETA workshop) the story is faltering, the dialogue occasional. Kudos for making Human emotions readable on Apes faces. Not worth watching all the way through.

_1efe7bd8-686a-11e7-ae46-9bfe7bf72e96.jpg

Slow couple o' days

Jungle 2017 - The little Harry Potter boy, Daniel Radcliffe, lost in the Bolivian Jungle. Imagine some of those backpackers, that we all love to hate, the ones that have never been outside of a building or city, going off on a big adventure in Bolivia. Now imagine the backpackers being played by actors that have never been outside of a building or city. The little Harry Potter boy, does some reasonable acting, but otherwise, meh.

Bullet Head 2017 - Adrien Brody, John Malkovich, Antonio Banderas and Rory Culkin. And a big ass Pitbull. Not unwatchable, quite a bit of gore. IMDB says: Three career criminals find themselves trapped in a warehouse with the law closing in and an even worse threat waiting inside - a nigh unstoppable killer dog. Worth a watch.

Valley of Bones 2017 - Archaeology, Drug Cartels, death. Ticks along, worth a watch.

Hollow in the Land 2017 - A woman with a troubled past sets out to find... says it all. Avoid.

Atomic Blonde 2017 - Charlize Theron, James McAvoy, John Goodman and whoop! whoop! Sofia Boutella!!! Berlin Wall about to come down era, Spy and skulduggery movie. Some nudity with the female actresses, may upset feminists that think men should not see beautiful women, sans clothes, worth watching just for this. The movie is, in my estimation, a good one. Well worth a watch.

Beyond Skyline 2017 - Alien sucking up people and their brains in L.A. then humans fight back. Above average for this genre. Worth a Watch.

Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales (2017) - it started out, looking promising, I was thinking - a plot, oh good! Then it descended into the usual endless Kung Fu action sequences only with CGI pirate bits and swords and water. I think a 12 year old would be like wow... me? Meh.

Nightworld (2017) - nicely paced adult horror/mystery. Not fantastic, but worth a watch for it's non-hollywood production. Bulgarian.