Geylang

zeusmta1

Haven't heard. A raid seems odd, since prostitution is legal there. Unless they were just looking for illegal aliens -- I'm sure there's a lot of those there.

Nothing about it on SammyBoy, which would be *the* Sillypore source.

Cheers,

SD

Yes raids are common & likely have increased & may have kept the street less filled with ILLEGAL SWs.

Only the official shops in the lanterned shophouses are legal as far as I know ;)

Cheers!

p.s. since sillystate is in knee deep deep recession raids are their way of supporting their 'local' citizen jobs I reckon :rolleyes:

The vice raids were quite common when I lived there. They would hit OT, the Health Spas, and Geylang periodically. Only the girls in the shops along Geylang are working legally. They actually come into the country with a special sex worker visa. When they caught girls who were in the country illegally (overstaying their visas) they would cut their hair before deporting them.

There will be fewer girls for a few weeks, but eventually things will be back to normal.

The Singapore police don't necessarily want to drive all this stuff underground. They just want to keep things under control.

Personally, I wish they would round up the ladyboys that have started hanging around Chijmes in recent years.

Thanks SuaDum, WorldFun and jonjon.

Was back out at Geylang tonight ~11 pm. Very few SWs, but there were some. At one point there were 2 Chinese girls at Lor. 8 & Talma Rd. Last time I was here (6 months ago) there were maybe 20 or more.

There were girls, not sure nationality, along Lor. 10, but they were standing way back off the street in the front of the hotels.

There were a number of uniformed police around, mostly near the alley between Lor. 14 and 16, where the illegal street gambling takes place.

I guess it's ggod for business at the legal numbered shops, but bad for the hotels, which charge 10 to 12 SGD for ST rooms.

Lot's of punters walking around wondering what to do. I was one of them. :(

Here in S'Pore on business for a month. Might be able to pop over to BKK for a long weekend later this month.

I guess you just need to pick a house and try it, vs finding streetwalkers. Not any difference really. Don't like what you see in a house? Move on. Certainly don't be shy about it.

SammyBoy forum may give you the latest scoop on the Sillypore scene, *IF* you have the same tastes as the local boys...

Cheers,

SD

Don't give up on Singapore too quickly.

As SD says, take a look in the shops along the even lorongs. The fishbowl types are the cheapest and there are so many shops, each with half a dozen girls on display, that you are sure to find at least one to your liking if you look long enough. The other type of shop has Chinese-Malaysian or Singaporean girls but they aren't on display, also more expensive. You can see the photo album at the desk and pick a girl who they will phone.

The Thai girls in the shops get STD checks periodically so you are a bit safer with them than a freelancer off the street.

If there was a raid in Geylang, it would only be that area. So other P4P locations outside Geylang are likely unaffected. You can try some other spots around Singapore.

Joo Chiat pubs are full of Vietnamese freelancers. Duxton Rd. pubs are where you'll find Filipina FL girls. OT is a mixture of Thai, Vietnamese, Filipina and Indonesian.

Finally, since you are there a month you could try meeting a cute local non-P4P Singaporean girl. They can be a lot of fun.

Archived