Windows 7 writing

Flashermac

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flash - Open Office is great - I use it to communicate and share power point and exccel as well as word files.

Only trick is to remember to save into a "MS OFFICE" oformat - do that and NO NE will know your using it - one board member here a financial geek used my laptop no idea he wasn't using xcel.

I'm happy with Open Office.

I'm going to have to reinstall Windows soon, a bug locks the system up when I play a game I like and all roads lead to re-installation.

My neighbor wants to give me a copy of Win7, but I like XP and I've got the original disks still.

Hard to say what to do. I've only got 1gb RAM as well but he says this won't matter.

As a heavy user of both open office and windows office - I'd say it a serious competator.

One of the arguements was "You have to keep using the windows updates (xp/05/07 etc) or you won't know what to do.

Oddly Open office is both easier to use and tracks the changes in Windows office. It's far easier to upgrade in Open Office - with minimal learning time - Windows office Xp - 05 or 07 - was a nightmare - very hard to work out what to do the changes where too great.

I tried downloading Open Office last night, and at 150 meg on a crap Thai ISP it might finish by next Tuesday. I picked up Office 2007 from Sam the Pirate. Pretty tacky of Money$oft to make people buy Office separately. Paying the real price is damned costly - more than I may make in a week.

BTW so far the new Windows is a gem, but I suspect I'll eventually run into some bugs.

Archived