Windows 7 writing

Flashermac

One problem I do still find is when I try to run an old (but favourite) game - X Beyond the Frontier. It quickly goes haywire and crashes. But I've been having trouble with that ever since I added more RAM to my PC when I was still using XP. :hmmm:

Haven't tried it with other games, since there are very few that I like.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply
One problem I do still find is when I try to run an old (but favourite) game - X Beyond the Frontier. It quickly goes haywire and crashes. But I've been having trouble with that ever since I added more RAM to my PC when I was still using XP. :hmmm:

Haven't tried it with other games, since there are very few that I like.

My guess is that you have a faulty RAM stick. Since RAM is very cheap nowadays, it might be the best solution to replace it. Also there is some RAM test software available, but I have never tried it.

An off-topic add-on to the thread:

For a few weeks now, I've been using d/l'ed copy of W7-Ultimate. It works perfectly, but I had no idea how to access or use many of the program's new features; many of which weren't in my XP-Pro.

The following site provide a wealth of info on both W-7's features and tricks to make it both work better and be more user friendly:

http://www.sevenforums.com/

Archived