Time to give up the grog

gobbledonk

OK, I know its a bad time to be making promises like this, but for a man who got drunk less than 5 times in 2009, I really did a job on myself on NYE. I could roll out a string of excuses - boredom mainly - but no-one held a gun to my head and said 'drink more !'.

Beer, champagne, a bottle of Thai whiskey I paid for and barely touched - to be honest, I have little memory after 2AM beyond staggering from Soi 4 to Soi 22 at 6am thinking 'I wont wake up from this one ...'.

The core of it is that I felt compelled to enjoy myself on my last night in Asia, and I couldnt believe how incredibly boring the band was at the Thai venue we found ourselves at. I have enjoyed the hell out of similar nights at places like Tawan Daeng, but this was excruciating.

Long story short, I've decided to just walk away from alcohol and see how that goes. Boredom is a mild price to pay to avoid the way I felt in the 48 or so hours after that little episode - 3 hours sleep followed by the dreaded cab to Subarnapoom isnt an experience I can recommend.

Hopefully, I wont have to take anything else up. Most weeks, I have a single beer with the guys at work on a Friday afternoon and thats it, so it wasnt as if it was a huge part of my life. Every single time I got drunk last year involved a Thai woman, and I'm beginning to discern a pattern.

Well I had a night out with a bunch of friends in Pataya last week. I have no idea how many beers I had, first it was warm and I guess the first 5 beers were easy to ingurgitate, the next several were more for getting drunk.

The consequences were that the BG I picked up under way left at 13pm the next day after sleeping through 4 fucks(! at her request)and I suffered a headache for 48 h. I rarely have headache, maybe 2x year. One night out drinking and needing 48h to recover, I will think twice next time.

Every single time I got drunk last year involved a Thai woman, and I'm beginning to discern a pattern.

An interesting point.

It's the same here. I almost never imbibe of spirits in Farangland. But let me loose in LOS - and the Heinekins come forth. And a nice tart or two.

But on last trip it was mostly - cola. Age I guess.

It's these darn fags (cigarettes) that are killing me.

I'm lucky there - other than about 5 cigars in 50 years, I have never smoked. Often thought a pipe with something like Amphora would be waiting for me in middle age, but now I couldnt think of anything worse. Always laughed when cigarette smokers complained of the smell of someone smoking a pipe or cigar - glass houses, guys.

....Long story short, I've decided to just walk away from alcohol and see how that goes....

Gobble, from the title of your thread and the above statement you give the impression that you're a raving alky / hard core drinker who has finally decided to pack it in, whereas in fact, as you state in your next post, you barely drink at all (one beer a week on a Friday!).

So you get a bit drunk a couple of times a year. Big deal. :whatever:

....Long story short' date=' I've decided to just walk away from alcohol and see how that goes....[/quote']

Gobble, from the title of your thread and the above statement you give the impression that you're a raving alky / hard core drinker who has finally decided to pack it in, whereas in fact, as you state in your next post, you barely drink at all (one beer a week on a Friday!).

So you get a bit drunk a couple of times a year. Big deal. :whatever:

Sounds like a bit of a small cock in the drinking scene to me.

I gave it up in 2008 after 43 years of almost daily ingestion.

Never felt better and lost more than 40kg.

Also a born again sex maniac. :cool:

Never felt better and lost more than 40kg.

Also a born again sex maniac. :cool:

40Kg!? Did I hear right??? Good god, I'd be dead (=50% of my weight).

Congratulations on all of the above. Where I used to be a 'social smoker,' I've picked up the tempo recently and taken to smoking at home on non-drinking nights. And getting comments about it from Farang women (why does this/you smell like smoke... blah blah blah). I'll have to nip that shit in the bud.

Anyway, cracking a habit ingrained through 43 years is no joke, neither is losing 40kg. Props. Big ass props.

Archived