Stickman

checkbin

There are so many universities now that a degree doesn't necessarily mean much. Unless it came from a top level "public university" (as they are now called), it may not even be recognised outside of Thailand. There are "universities" that not many years ago were secondary schools or vocational colleges.

Carabao has a song about this = "Maha'lai, mahalawk" (University, big deception). It tells about the country students who come to the big city for an education, then cannot find a job when they graduate. I have met a few private university grads who are working the freelancer trade. They can pull it off. The farm girls can't and end up in the gogo bars.

I totally agree. As in my trip report I have no doubt my university girl is a freelancer...i won't name the venues she goes to but we all know them to be freelancer venues. She is only working part-time at the moment until she finishes her studies but I think she will continue to hang out at these venues even when she works full-time as she's looking for a husband and I'm sure she likes the idea of/ has grown accustomed to 'easy' farang money.

She'll never hug a pole for a living but she's in the scene now and it's grip is mighty strong.

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived