Stickman

checkbin

• Replies 200
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I wonder what your problem is. Did something disturbing happen to you connections with Kiwi's? Did watch "Lord of the Rings" too often?

We all know that those sweeping generalizations of a whole country and it's people are complete and utter bullshit, not worth being discussed on an international forum like Thai360.

So what's going on in your disturbed mind?

I never said they weren't likeable. in fact two of my friends were k1w1s. First one ended up a rape charge and died of a drug overdose. Second was a used white good salesman who used to fleece old ladys out of there fridges and washing machines.

Seems you've got a problem with the type of people you associate with, not their nationality.

Cheers

Coss

Many times while out with New Zealander friends from a middle class backround or better the subject of New Zealands woes is raised. Most agree that education is particularity substandard in poorer region of NZ. One can't help but wonder to what degree a decent breakfast before schools could help.

Sadly I won't be in Thailand in April. Guess you'll have to hit someone else.

Important. Did not intend to sound like I was itching for a physical 'fight.' Haha. You'd laugh at that if you knew me. They have a way of turning very bad in LA and I avoid. Anyway, regret if it came across like that. I like KS too much to go and threaten someone on the forum. My hypocrisy does have limitations, you know? :)

Now. Let me see. Where to begin......

Early 90s. 19 years old. I was at a party at my friend Viola's apartment on Sophienstrasse, in the Lichterfelde part of Berlin (she was a few blocks from the Lichterfelde s-bahn).

8 or 9 attractive girls were roaming about the party... and I was happier than a pig in shit. One in particular I felt a distinct lust for, made my way over. Martina. Energetic and animated. We talked.

Ummmmm. Hold on. Before I proceed with this story, some background:

I had a part-time job (yeah, I was an illegal alien without a visa) working at a bar called the Tolstefanz on the Kudamm. The Kudamm had been a nightlife center in West Berlin prior to the reunification and collapse of the wall. After, nighlift shifted to the East, but the Kudamm was still active -- and there were several prostitutes that hung out around the area I worked. At that point I was adamantly against prostitution, thought it was exploitation of women, and there was no way in hell you could've got me to sleep with one.

Now, back to the conversation with Martina.

Eventually she asked why I was in Berlin and what I did. I talked of the odd assortment of characters that hung out at my bar and how a lot of prostitutes would converge on the site around 3am. She asked what I thought about that. I told her: it's fucked up. Why? I went into a long spiel on how prositution was wrong, and gave her a more primitive version of some of the things you guys are saying (it's exploitive, girls are victims, damaged, they can never have a healthy relationship, etc.).

Instead of getting the approving nods that I'm expecting, Martina is rolling her eyes and chuckling. This annoys me. I ask her what she thinks. She asks me how else those lonely old unattractive guys are going to get sex. Or the guys who have some sort of social problems and can't talk to women. Or married guys who are utterly miserable. Huh? WTF is up with this girl, is she really defending the unholy institution of prostitution? Man these Europeans are decadent.

So, I grew more strident in my criticism, look these women are exploited! She just kept chuckling, and kinda taunting me. Eventually we exchange phone numbers. Afterwards, Viola asks me if I like Martina. Yes. She looks at me funny. Do you know what she does? Eh, no. She goes with men for money. WHAT!!!?!?!?!?! I was mortified. Anyway, Martina had told Viola about our conversation and my views.

Over time Martina and I became friends. Never romantically involved, but she was a pretty fucking cool friend. We had a couple long, long, long talks about morals, sexuality, etc.

So, this is just one isolated story -- I'm aware, but it's a good illustration and finally, brings me to where I was going with all this: I don't think prostitution is bad or wrong. It is exactly what it presents at face value, sex in exchange for money. That is the beauty of it. Would I want a daughter to do it? No. But I don't make the leap then to say it damages a persons psyche and turns them into some pathology. I don't think there is any real evidence that would support that beyond personal anecdotes and people cherry-picking examples to make their case.

Eg. I want to convince people that marriage is bad. I pick a miserable woman in an abusive relationship and use her as my example to demonstrate to people -- look at what marriage did to this woman! It's unhealthy! She's damaged! If she wouldn't have been poor and ignorant, she would've never got married!

I DO think there need to be safety nets, and probably it is a better thing kept off of main street. And those are reasonable discussions (to me). But, when you get to the core issue of -- is prostitution a 'bad' thing that destroys people... I call bullshit. And the people here that know all those prostitutes that laugh, cry, anger and carry out their lives just like the next person without issues -- know this to be true.

That's it. For now.

Ps. Martina Michaela S****, wherever you are, miss you.

Archived