Nick Nostitz...live action report.

chuckwoww

I'm still not sure about the so-called militia and the people starting the fires. Who's leading them if anybody? Are they getting orders from the ones in jail do you think?

Well, if they had no leaders, then the mob listens very well to the propaganda. Most of the targets were on the historical hate list generated by being an enemy (real or perceived) of Thaksin: BBL, BEC, Central, Chula, CP Group, K-Bank, etc.

The supposedly red friendly bank of SCB had no losses...

Just sayin'.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Agree with OH -- I've said that before -- basically that some desperate nut might suddenly think it's a splendid idea to hurl a few grenades or even a real bomb into Nana Plaza so it takes out lots of those despised sex tourist farangs - what better way to galvanize support -- and also grab attention of international media. Talk about a sexy headline.

Guess we'll soon see whether or not something like that comes true. Hope not.

That sounds about right Cent. It doesn't seem totally random. But I expect there are some just running around looting and settling old scores. How are things in Surin? Hope you didn't fire any dishwashers lately (bad joke).

CW,

We are fine up here, but it is awfully quiet. All the trouble seems to be around us (Kohn Kaen, Ubon Ratch, etc.), but not here. A rally in Surin the other night by the redshirts was peaceful, about 500 total participating.

Hell, I wish I could find a dishwasher to hire! Maybe when this is over and done someone might want a freakin' job up here?!!

Not totally random I feel. Targets were made and attacked, the rest are just opportunists looting and causing chaos. I suspect many were just looters gettin' stuff free while the gettin' was good and the authorities busy with the serious stuff.

Cent

Agree with OH -- I've said that before -- basically that some desperate nut might suddenly think it's a splendid idea to hurl a few grenades or even a real bomb into Nana Plaza so it takes out lots of those despised sex tourist farangs - what better way to galvanize support -- and also grab attention of international media. Talk about a sexy headline.

Guess we'll soon see whether or not something like that comes true. Hope not.

Don't disagree with OH or Cent, who are both bright and articulate imho, that falangs could become targets.

I mean fucking Christ, who thought it would go this far back in March??? Nothing surprises me too much now and I'm a little more hesitant to say one way or the other. Just a little.

Did disagree during the time I was traveling back and forth between BKK/CNX that falangs were in some kind of great peril. They weren't.

I mean yeah sure there was risk above the norm for travelers, but not enough to send one packing.

Now, today, is different (and can't gauge it, though still skeptical that foreigners are in grave danger -- but there's no doubt EVERYONE there is in a much more volatile environment). Several weeks from now will be different also. Hope better. Maybe not.

But yeah, these things you describe are all possible.

Jesus fucking christ did I just write several paragraphs pointing out the obvious? I need some fucking coffee dude, I'm tired.

Tell ya something else -- I seriously want to make a wager on it and lay you guys odds (that farangs aren't going to get bombed and what-not)... but that's just too fucking tasteless.

Still plan on being there come November.

Irrespective of all this bullshit though, you were absolutely correct in one thing: hope for the best.

Archived