Ronnie James Dio dies

Mekong

The heavy metal singer, Ronnie James Dio, has died at the age of 67. He had been suffering from stomach cancer.

Dio was best known for fronting Black Sabbath after the departure of Ozzy Osbourne, but he was also involved in the bands Elf, Rainbow, Heaven & Hell and Dio during a career stretching over 53 years.

His current band, Heaven & Hell, which features other former members of Black Sabbath, had announced earlier this year that they were pulling out of their summer commitments due to the singer's ill health

:rip:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do you remember Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow ? To me, that was the pinnacle of Dio's career - I will always think of Sabbath with Ozzy up front, but Dio owned the stage with Rainbow. The guy lived through the excesses of the 60s and 70s, then survived two decades where metal was about as popular as flannelette shirts and ugg boots - like ACDC and Iron Maiden, Dio never went away.

I doubt that he was ever short of companionship or entertainment - not sure that you could ask for more from almost 68 years on the planet.

RIP.

Do you remember Ritchie Blackmore's Rainbow ?

Got it in vinyl bro. All warped and bent out of shape with other classics in the garage, right next to my Robin Trower albums, but I still got it.

Man on the Silver Mountain was one of his best, IMO. If I could have found an early version on you tube without a lengthy intro I would have posted it.

The man had a great voice. :rip:

Aw fuck, let's just post the studio version. :shifty:

p9nfVrusSMg

Archived