Sign in to follow this  
Stickman

Blackie has passed away. RIP

I offered him 60,000 baht for rugbyunion.com. I put the *cash* on the table, right in front of him, at his soi 26 place. It was a serious offer.

He then launched into a tirade about me being a cheap ass and I can go and f$%^ myself and how dare I insult him like that with such a ridiculous offer. A few minutes later we were off to Cowboy and it was all forgotten!

A few months later the domain name had lapsed...

Edited by Guest

Hi,

Very nice write up, and it brought back many memories - you have a better memory than mine though for remembering all of that :).

One small comment on it though. The forum at Nanaplaza.com isn't defunct, it moved. To here.

BTW, here is a link to most of his posts he made on NP.com:

http://www.thai360.com/delphi/showposts.php?pid=1044&l=B

Dig around a bit and I am sure you can find many posts related to the stories Stickman mentioned (mostly about getting mobiles stolen :) )

Sanuk!

Edited by Guest

I wrote a few words about Blackie in my column this week, ok, not a few, abut about 4,500. I tried to keep it accurate so it is hardly a eulogy, full of positives. Still, I hope it captures the flavour of the man whose company many of us enjoyed.

http://www.stickmanweekly.com/StickmanBangkokWeeklyColumn2010/Blackie-Bangkok-Legend.htm

Never met Blackie, or most of the people on this Board, or you. And let me preface the rest by saying I hate cookie-cutter death tributes that paint people out (usually erroneously) as heroes or saints.

That said - thank you for the well written honest write up, warts and all. Made me appreciate the subject, and have a sense of loss.

I'm sure he would be grateful also, you're a good friend.

Ps - Have you seen rocknroll.com? It looks like the current owner is also sitting on it hoping for a profit. The circle will not be broken. :)

Edited by Guest

Hi,

"I just added a link to the end of the article saying that the NanaPlaza.com can now be found here."

Thanks.

"Ps - Have you seen rocknroll.com? It looks like the current owner is also sitting on it hoping for a profit. The circle will not be broken."

Looked it up the other day after reading about Blackie's demise and noticed the same. It's a damn good domain name though. Wonder what the current asking price is? (No, I'm not interested in buying it :) )

Sanuk!