Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Scientist sentenced for selling chemical secrets to Chinese

http://news.yahoo.com/scientist-sentenced-selling-chemical-secrets-chinese-234749316.html

Wen Chyu Liu, also known as David Liou, was convicted February 7, 2011 of stealing and selling secrets about Dow Chemical's Tyrin chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) process.

The process is used to manufacture automotive and industrial hoses, electrical cable jackets and vinyl siding.

He also was convicted of perjury for lying to cover up his involvement in a conspiracy that included at least four of his coworkers. He was sentenced on Thursday in US District Court in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

In addition to the prison sentence, Liu, 75, must forfeit $600,000 and pay a $25,000 fine.

Liu came to the United States from China as a graduate university student. He started working as a research scientist for Dow Chemical in 1965 and retired in 1992.

Liu was based at the company's Plaquemine, Louisiana facility to develop elastomers, including Tyrin CPE.

There have been far worse secrets sold as well. I think its far worse than we know and this includes Dept of Defense and strategic defense issues as well. No proof but I read an article several years ago about the army of hackers the Chinese have and that they may be able to render us non operational as a country by being able to shut down transportion, communication and defense abilities either through a virus or control from distance.

This would be one of several reasons NOT to vote for such a candidate if they have such an asanine ad.

Gingrich hits Romney for knowing how to speak French

http://news.yahoo.com/blogs/ticket/gingrich-hits-romney-knowing-speak-french-150300235.html

During his college years in the 1960s, Mitt Romney spent two years as a Mormon missionary in France. Now, Newt Gingrich is trying to use that time abroad against him.

A new web ad released by Newt Gingrich's campaign titled "The French Connection" compares Romney to other politicians from Massachusetts, including former governor Michael Dukakis and Sen. John Kerry, both former Democratic presidential nominees. The "French Connection" of the ad's title? In a parting shot, the voiceover explains: "Just like John Kerry," the voice in the ad says, "he speaks French too!"

Its actually a good reason to piss off Rupert Murdoch...

http://news.yahoo.com/rupert-murdoch-turns-twitter-attack-obama-175645674.html

Media baron Rupert Murdoch used his new Twitter account this weekend to attack the Obama Administration's opposition to parts of proposed legislation designed to combat Internet piracy.

"So Obama has thrown in his lot with Silicon Valley paymasters who threaten all software creators with piracy, plain thievery," News Corp's chairman and chief executive officer posted on his personal Twitter account Saturday.

Murdoch, whose media empire includes Fox TV, The Wall Street Journal, Fox Studios and the Sun newspaper in Britain, continued with several tweets, attacking Google as the "Piracy leader" for streaming movies free. In later tweets he called Google a "great company."

Google said it did not appreciate Murdoch's comment even after he back-peddled with a compliment.

"This is just nonsense," Samantha Smith, a Google spokesperson, said in an emailed statement.

"Last year we took down 5 million infringing Web pages from our search results and invested more than $60 million in the fight against bad ads. Like many other tech companies, we believe that there are smart, targeted ways to shut down foreign rogue websites without asking U.S. companies to censor the Internet."

Scientist sentenced for selling chemical secrets to Chinese

http://news.yahoo.com/scientist-sentenced-selling-chemical-secrets-chinese-234749316.html

Wen Chyu Liu, also known as David Liou, was convicted February 7, 2011 of stealing and selling secrets about Dow Chemical's Tyrin chlorinated polyethylene (CPE) process.

The process is used to manufacture automotive and industrial hoses, electrical cable jackets and vinyl siding.

He also was convicted of perjury for lying to cover up his involvement in a conspiracy that included at least four of his coworkers. He was sentenced on Thursday in US District Court in Baton Rouge, Louisiana.

In addition to the prison sentence, Liu, 75, must forfeit $600,000 and pay a $25,000 fine.

Liu came to the United States from China as a graduate university student. He started working as a research scientist for Dow Chemical in 1965 and retired in 1992.

Liu was based at the company's Plaquemine, Louisiana facility to develop elastomers, including Tyrin CPE.

There have been far worse secrets sold as well. I think its far worse than we know and this includes Dept of Defense and strategic defense issues as well. No proof but I read an article several years ago about the army of hackers the Chinese have and that they may be able to render us non operational as a country by being able to shut down transportion, communication and defense abilities either through a virus or control from distance.

Steve, I know the position of the government is not to profile nationalities for security but most (if not all) of the people selling secrets to the Chinese are Chinese-Americans with security clearance. Do most first generation Chinese-Americans still consider China their "homeland"? If profiling is out of the question, I would put in more sting operations, aimed at testing the allegiance/honestly of Chinese-Americans with security clearances.

A large segment of our scientific community are Asian, Middle Eastern or Indian/sub continent peoples and I would be surprised if the government didn't take a closer look at them to see if secrets were being sold or given to China, Iran, India or Pakistan. In fact, I'd be pissed if they weren't. This may sound strange or even hypocritical from a black American who has been the 'victim' of DWB (drving while black) or sometimes walking while black. I see a difference. For example, there was a highway cop in one of the southern states who had a high positive arrest rate because he stopped blacks and latinos driving cars with NY, Penna., and NJ plates. It was no secret growing up that you could get paid well driving 'packages' as we used to call them from Florida to the atlantic states. A smart cop would be wise to stop those cars because the stats would prove that the vast majority of drug couriers fit that profile (which makes me wonder why they didn't use other races and other states tags...lol). Anyway, big difference between that and stopping a black guy in a suit driving in a white neighborhood. Stats don't bear out that a black guy driving a benz or BMW commit crimes in white neighborhoods. Those stops to me are based on prejudice/racism rather than logical police tactics. I've been stopped in my white shirt and tie in white neighborhoods. I was angry about it. If I get stopped in Georgia on my way back to Philly with Pennsyvania plates, I'm blaming the black guys acting as couriers rather than the cops for my being singled out. So, that's where I draw the line and make the difference.

Jewish Americans have been passing secrets to Israel for years. My guess from what I've read is that they view helping Israel as non threatening to America because we are allies. As opposed to us helping Russia for example. I think the Chinese Americans helping China is partially for the money and partially dual allegiences.

I've read that the Chinese military's ability (or soon to be ability) to reach the western U.S. with a missile attack was from stolen and/or sold technology.

PS: I've long advocated all NY Yankees and Man United fans be watched closey as well. Tottenham fans shouldn't even be hired in the first place.

The per person Medicare insurance premium will increase from the present monthly fee of $96.40,

rising to: $104.20 in 2012;

$120.20 in 2013;

And $247.00 in 2014.

These are provisions incorporated in the Obamacare legislation, purposely delayed so as not to 'confuse' the 2012 re-election campaigns.

Send this to all seniors that you know, so they will know who's throwing them under the bus.

The per person Medicare insurance premium will increase from the present monthly fee of $96.40,

rising to: $104.20 in 2012;

$120.20 in 2013;

And $247.00 in 2014.

These are provisions incorporated in the Obamacare legislation, purposely delayed so as not to 'confuse' the 2012 re-election campaigns.

Send this to all seniors that you know, so they will know who's throwing them under the bus.

Obama and his Marxist fellow travellers are lying mutha fuckers. And anybody who believes differently either is not (also) being honest with him/herself, or he/she is an idiot.

HH