Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Texas House Bans Offensive Security Pat-Downs

AUSTIN (AP) - The Texas House passed a bill that would make it a criminal offense for public servants to inappropriately touch travelers during airport security pat-downs.

Approved late Thursday night, the measure makes it illegal for anyone conducting searches to touch “the anus, sexual organ, buttocks, or breast of another person†including through clothing.

It also prohibits searches “that would be offensive to a reasonable person.â€

The bill’s chief sponsor, Republican Rep. David Simpson, said, “this has to do with dignity and travel, and prohibiting indecent, groping searches.â€

He believes it will keep Transportation Security Administration officials from treating travelers like criminals, though the measure may be superseded by federal law.

After a brief but raucous debate, lawmakers approved the measure with little opposition — drawing applause from supporters.

Link

If the safety was on, at least it means he had a round in the chamber. :hmmm:

71 rounds in 7 seconds ... did they have a minigun?

What started this fiasco was one of the SWAT team members shot first. I guess he hit the door frame which richocheted back and hit the SWAT shields. They thought he had fired because of this so all hell broke out.

Texas House Bans Offensive Security Pat-Downs

AUSTIN (AP) - The Texas House passed a bill that would make it a criminal offense for public servants to inappropriately touch travelers during airport security pat-downs.

Approved late Thursday night, the measure makes it illegal for anyone conducting searches to touch “the anus, sexual organ, buttocks, or breast of another person†including through clothing.

It also prohibits searches “that would be offensive to a reasonable person.â€

The bill’s chief sponsor, Republican Rep. David Simpson, said, “this has to do with dignity and travel, and prohibiting indecent, groping searches.â€

He believes it will keep Transportation Security Administration officials from treating travelers like criminals, though the measure may be superseded by federal law.

After a brief but raucous debate, lawmakers approved the measure with little opposition — drawing applause from supporters.

Link

:up::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

About time this stuff was stopped (Feds will not though). Good to see these legislators taking on the Homeland Security gestapo and standing up for the citizens. With all they have to check a person for weapons and bombs there really is no need for these degrading grope fests at the security checkpoints. Sniffer dogs, xray machines, sniffer machines, full body scanners, metal detectors, bomb material detecting swabs, etc etc etc. WTF? With all that they still need to feel up your stuff and stick a finger in your ass? I don't think so. They've gone completely nuts. I'll take the radiation from the full body scanner rather than get felt up by these overpaid goon squads.

From a political view, banning this on the federal level is such a no brainer for me. I wonder why Obama hasn't done it. Its so unpopular that I don't think any Republicans saying its soft on terrorism would get any one agreeing.

I stopped supporting long ago when airport terrorism experts from Isreal, who are the best in the world, said it was all for show. They don't even do it (they did profiling and only searched those that seemed ideal candidates). He could do that as well.

Visa versa, Republicans could get brownie points for asking for it to stop. They are known as the ones that are the most vigilant against terrorism (not true but they have the reputation for being strong defense advocates) so that would win over some independents possibly or help sway support.

Edited by Guest

Does Glenn Beck go to far by going after women of political families?

Even the mafia had a code for not going after women and family members.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_theticket/20110512/ts_yblog_theticket/mccain-ladies-feud-with-glenn-beck

He made fun of McCain's fat daughter who was doing a PSA ad against cancer. Its kinda low to make fun of someone doing a public service to fight cancer. That's too far in my humble opinion. Glad to see the McCain women fighting back.

More CS rants. I've said a while back that law enforcement are now used as a revenue generating agency than a 'serve and protect' agency using the LAPD's motto. That motto really ought to be changed.

The woman in this link got a $835 ticket on her car for illegaly parking on grass. The asst. city attorney for this small city arrogantly and smugly talks about it as a legitmate deterrent for people to park there because the $15 fines before didn't stop it. What a dick.

http://news.yahoo.com/video/politics-15749652/835-parking-ticket-leaves-woman-furious-25211337