Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

As you are well aware I don't trust the governmnt for sh*t. Just saying that could put me on the no fly list (imagine that, free speech, a crime). With regards to this Bilderberg thingy, I've not heard of it before and wiki'd it as well as some other sites. Interesting to say the least. Assuming it has some veracity, then it makes Obama part of it as well then doesn't it? He was an outside in the primary so assuming it has some legs, it makes him part of the 'establishment' which being President automatically makes you one could say, right? I wonder if its possible to become President and remain a maverick?

Kennedy tried to be a maverick and got shot in the head. Other presidents quickly learned to be quiet and follow orders!

Mr. West seems like he's full of sour grapes. And, maybe, a bit too full of himself.

HH

I'm well aware of him. Both are true I think from what I know of him.

I don't like the 'you have to grow up black to understand or help blacks' thinking of some. As a president you have to be EVERYONE's president. Most things are a 'human' issue. I don't have to be jewish to understand and empathize with the holocaust for example.

I would also suggest to Cornell West that Obama living in different communities (non black Hawaii, Chicago, etc.) has made him a better person and someone and someone who can understand thew world better.

I recall not wanting to go to the HS I went to and being worried about being an outsider, etc. and my dad saying 'You're not going to be living in a world that looks like North Philly, Steve, you better learn to get along with all types of people now'. He as soooooo right. Had a great time as well.

Is this a great new progressive way of employers to give employees more down time since Americans are overworked or is it a corporate ploy to take away our time honored vacation?

http://finance.yahoo.com/career-work/article/112776/name-your-own-vacation-wsj?mod=career-worklife_balance

Name Your Own Vacation

You can name your own price on vacation hotels or car rentals. Now, companies are asking employees to set their own vacations, by naming how many days off they should take.

Dominic Orr, president and CEO of Aruba Networks, a wireless-networking company, adopted what he termed a "no-vacation" policy two years ago for all North American employees. Orr told New York Times columnist Adam Bryant that instead of giving each person a set number of weeks off each year, the standard approach to vacation planning, Orr requires them to take responsibility for scheduling their own paid vacation time any time they want -- as long as they and their managers agree they are reaching their job objectives...

Obama code-named ‘smart alec’ in Britain :surprised:

Do Brits think Barack Obama is a bit of a "smart alec"?

The label certainly appears to fit in the minds of British police. Scotland Yard, the UK's police force, has given Obama the security codename 'Chalaque' for his visit this week to the United Kingdom, the UK Daily Mail reports. The term is reportedly a Punjabi word meaning someone who is too clever for his own good, according to the newspaper.

A Punjabi speaker told the newspaper that the word is 'not considered rude', but could be 'mildly offensive'. "It is also said to mean 'cheeky, crafty and cunning'," the paper notes.

Scotland Yard insiders told the Sunday Times that codewords are randomly generated by computer, "but the paper wondered why officials decided to stick with them, when they could have simply had another word selected that would be less provocative," the paper notes.

As in Britain, security code names are used in America by U.S. Secret Service to identify high-profile individuals under their protection.

President Obama's code name at the time of the 2008 election was "Renegade" and Michelle Obama's was "Renaissance." Secret Service code names typically change over time.

Link