Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

WTF? Can you imagine uproar if Rush Limbaugh or another conservative had said this? :down:

TIME Asks Nikki Haley If She Will Tip Sikh Taxi Drivers More

In an interview with South Carolina Gov. Nikki Haley, TIME magazine asks if she will tip Sikh taxi drivers more during her visit to New York City.

Haley, who was born into a Sikh family, now identifies herself as a Christian.

"In New York City, which you're visiting for a couple of days, a lot of our taxi drivers are Sikhs. If you get one, are you going to give them a slightly bigger tip?" Belinda Luscombe, a TIME editor, asked Haley.

"I give the same tip to everyone," Haley responded.

American journalism has sunk to the sewers.

Interesting thing is how homosexuality is treated in the Bible. There is a lot of misinformation about it. First of all, Sodom and Gomorrah were not destroyed for homosexuality. The Bible says for wickedness but I am sure homosexuality was amongst the reasons. The law of Moses spoke of being punished for homosexuality but also for a wide variety of things including just simple fornication. I don't recall where there was an extra emphasis stating homosexuality was any more sinfu than other things mention. Finally and I would say surprisingly, Jesus never mentions homosexuality specifically. All kinds of things he spoke of and against but gay isn't one of them. Its assumed but not addressed spedcifically.

My guess is that with the social restrictions between sexes then as it is now in places like Afghanistan, that homosexuality was fairly prevlent. Just my guess. I've heard from teachers in Saudi Arabia say how their male uni students speak casually at times about having sex with a feminine male in their teen years because of the limited access to women. It was very common in Afghanistan during the taliban reign and even now to some extent. It seems the most restrictive the society the more prevalent you find that sort of thing.

Interesting thing is how homosexuality is treated in the Bible. There is a lot of misinformation about it. First of all, Sodom and Gomorrah were not destroyed for homosexuality. The Bible says for wickedness but I am sure homosexuality was amongst the reasons. The law of Moses spoke of being punished for homosexuality but also for a wide variety of things including just simple fornication. I don't recall where there was an extra emphasis stating homosexuality was any more sinfu than other things mention. Finally and I would say surprisingly, Jesus never mentions homosexuality specifically. All kinds of things he spoke of and against but gay isn't one of them. Its assumed but not addressed spedcifically.

My guess is that with the social restrictions between sexes then as it is now in places like Afghanistan, that homosexuality was fairly prevlent. Just my guess. I've heard from teachers in Saudi Arabia say how their male uni students speak casually at times about having sex with a feminine male in their teen years because of the limited access to women. It was very common in Afghanistan during the taliban reign and even now to some extent. It seems the most restrictive the society the more prevalent you find that sort of thing.

Homexexual didn't even become a word till the 1890's.

Bible revisonist claim it is in there but can't seem to find the scripture.

As I see the gay marriage issue, it is really only about terminology. Gays and lesbians can live together as a couple virtually anywhere in the US. Many companies already grant spousal coverage to a gay/lesbian partner. The sticking point comes on actually calling it a marriage. I really don't care if the civil authorities want to perform gay marriages, even though it means redifing the term. But if the government starts insisting that churches, temples, etc have to do the same there is naturally going to be a big stink about it. That blatantly violates the separation of church and state.

As to health insurance, what happens when the feds try to force Christian Scientists to buy it? :hmmm:

Exactly!

If birth control can get tossed out because it offends one group

then health insurance (including the VA) should be tossed out

because some religions don't believe in doctors and medicine.

Why don't the Republicans pursue the point that this issue can be settled

by having the sick attend a prayer group and let the people pray for them?