Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

Obama is outspent 8-1 by GOP super pacs

Koch-backed group, Romney super PAC lead charge against Obama

By: Dave Levinthal

August 17, 2012 04:11 PM EDT

Top conservative super PACs and outside groups have outspent President Barack Obama’s super PAC by more than 8-to-1 this month.

Together, the Koch brothers-linked Americans for Prosperity and pro-Mitt Romney super PAC Restore Our Future combined to spend about $31 million on ads against Obama, an analysis of federal independent expenditure records shows.

The pro-Obama super PAC Priorities USA Action, meanwhile, spent a comparatively anemic $3.69 million to slam Romney.

The divide further illustrates what’s been true for much of the election cycle: Conservative outside groups have a massive cash advantage over their liberal counterparts.

Americans for Prosperity’s most

which is running nationally, features people who voted for Obama four years ago and have since changed their minds about him.

“The president has not earned reelection in 2012,†one woman declares.

“I don’t feel that I helped my grandchildren by voting for President Obama, and I regret that,†another man says.

A Restore Our Future ad, meanwhile,

Obama allies of “shameful, dishonest attacks†and having “no record to run on.â€

Here’s the rundown on the top 10 outside political groups, between Aug. 1 and Wednesday, airing ads that overtly advocate for or against federal political candidates:

1) Americans for Prosperity, $20.7 million, all in opposition to Obama.

2) Restore Our Future, $10.1 million, all in opposition to Obama.

3) Priorities USA Action, $3.69 million, all in opposition to Romney.

4) Crossroads GPS, $1.82 million, all in opposition to Rep. Shelley Berkley (D-Nev.) and Virginia Senate candidate Tim Kaine (D).

5) Club for Growth Action/PAC, $1.36 million, mostly in opposition to Republican House candidate Paul Gosar in Arizona and Republican Senate candidates Tommy Thompson and Eric Hovde in Wisconsin, and in support of Senate candidate Mark Neumann in Wisconsin.

6) Conservative Majority Fund, $1.02 million, all in opposition to Obama.

7) Friends of Democracy, $776,072, in opposition to a variety of Republican congressional candidates, most notably Reps. Charlie Bass of New Hampshire, Dan Lungren of California, Sean Duffy of Wisconsin and Chip Cravaack of Minnesota.

8) Patriot Majority USA, $707,298, all in opposition to Sen. Dean Heller (R-Nev.) and Republican congressional candidate Andrew Roraback in Connecticut.

9) Americans for Job Security, $649,800, all against Hovde.

10) U.S. Chamber of Commerce, $595,754, primarily against several Democrats, including Sen. Bill Nelson (D-Fla.) and Kaine.

© 2012 POLITICO LLC

http://www.politico....9841.html?hp=f3

The Obama machine is trying (somewhat successfully) to turn the Ryan selection as a negative. This election is over as it stands now unless some significant event changes.

If he wins I think we'll see a different Obama. What I also think will happen is that Dems will make gains in Congress.

Republicans are simply too far right.

The Obama machine is trying (somewhat successfully) to turn the Ryan selection as a negative. This election is over as it stands now unless some significant event changes.

If he wins I think we'll see a different Obama. What I also think will happen is that Dems will make gains in Congress.

Republicans are simply too far right.

The new GOP attacks on Obama's medicare plans are complete nonsense. It's clear that GOP want's to create a new distortion field in regard to this topic. If they succeed they might gain some points. If not they will lose the retired and with this Florida.

Seniors already know the gop are anti medicare.

Ryan, campaigning in Florida, says: ‘Mom, you did build that’

Paul Ryan, making his first campaign appearance in Florida since becoming Mitt Romney’s running mate a week ago, told a supportive crowd of senior citizens Saturday that President Obama is raiding Medicare to fund his health care reforms.

“One out of six of our hospitals and our nursing homes will go out of business,†as a result of the changes to Medicare under the president’s signature legislative accomplishment, the Affordable Care Act, Mr. Ryan said in an event at The Villages, the sprawling retirement community near Orlando.

Appearing on stage with his mother, 78-year-old Betty Ryan Douglas, the Republican vice-presidential candidate said he and Mr. Romney would protect Medicare benefits for the current generation of retirees and save the entitlement program for the future.

“She is why I am here. She and her grandchildren — that’s why I’m here,†he said. “It’s what my mom relies on.

“Medicare will not be used as a piggy bank for Obamacare,†Mr. Ryan said.

The 42-year-old Wisconsin congressman talked about his mom starting her own business after her husband died when Mr. Ryan was a teen.

“And mom — you did build that,†he said, taking a dig at the president’s earlier remarks on small businesses and drawing cheers from the crowd and a fist pump from his mother, a part-time resident of Florida.

The vice-presidential candidate was introduced by country singer Lee Greenwood, who led the crowd in a singalong of “God Bless the U.S.A.†before Mr. Ryan, dressed casually in khakis and a golf shirt, walked out hand-in-hand with his smiling mother.

Mr. Ryan said both his mother and his grandmother, who suffered from Alzheimer’s, depended on Medicare, and the program would be protected if Mitt Romney wins the presidency.

“When I think of Medicare, it’s not just a program, it’s not just a bunch of numbers, it’s what my mom relies on. We want this debate. We need this debate, and we’re going to win this debate,†he said, brushing aside a week of blistering criticism and attack ads from Mr. Obama and his supporters.

Democrats have tried to focus on the federal spending blueprint that first brought the Wisconsin lawmaker into the national spotlight, Mr. Ryan’s detailed 2008 “Path to Prosperity†budget that called for significant reforms to entitlement programs and immediate cuts to federal spending.

But on the campaign trail, Republicans have emphasized that under Mr. Romney’s Medicare plan, there will be no changes to Medicare for Americans over the age of 55.

“Medicare was there for our family, for my grandma when we needed it then. And Medicare is there for my mom, when she needs it now. And we have to keep that guarantee,†Mr. Ryan said.

“But in order to make sure that we can guarantee that promise for my mom’s generation, for those baby boomers who are retiring every day, we must reform it for my generation,†he said.

The Villages, world’s largest seniors community, has been a Republican stronghold in the past, with thousands turning out for recent stops by Mr. Romney and previous appearances by 2008 vice presidential candidate Sarah Palin.

My link

Ryan, campaigning in Florida, says: ‘Mom, you did build that’

Paul Ryan, making his first campaign appearance in Florida since becoming Mitt Romney’s running mate a week ago, told a supportive crowd of senior citizens Saturday that President Obama is raiding Medicare to fund his health care reforms.

NPR which is pretty liberal leaning did a piece about this this morning. Funny thing is, they sort of backe up Ryan with their numbers. Which was pretty amazing for NPR. It does seem some funny stuff is afoot with Medicare. What I think is worse though, is everyone knows it has to be altered and altered in a big way. But it is tough to tell someone who gets something for pretty much free that they can not have it any more or as much as they did have it... when these same people are the ones that vote for you.

"As Mitt Romney begins to pivot from the long Republican primary fight to a likely November duel with President Barack Obama, he is re-launching some of his most repeated -- and inaccurate -- attacks of the incumbent president."

"So as we said then, and repeated several times since, the health care law reduces the amount of future spending growth in Medicare. But it doesn't cut Medicare.

The rest of Romney’s statement implies that Obama is doing something no other president has done -- making cuts (which he isn’t).

He (Romney) made the same point in a December 2011 debate. We rated that particular claim False."

LINK

"In a widely anticipated revised estimate produced after the Supreme Court ruling on the health care reform law, the Congressional Budget Office on Tuesday reported that the 2010 Affordable Care Act will cost the government $84 billion less than previously calculated for the period from 2012-2022."

"The nonpartisan office also released an estimate of the bill to repeal the health care law (H.R. 6079) that the House passed July 11. The repeal “would cause a net increase in federal budget deficits of $109 billion . . ."

LINK

In regards to the Republicans drive to repeal the Health Care Act the "net increase" in plain English means MORE or the repeal will cost MORE !!!

LINK

Papa John’s Becomes First Business to Put a Price on Obamacare

"The CEO of Papa John’s pizza made headlines this week upon declaring that Obamacare would cost him between 11 and 14 cents more per pizza. While many small-business owners have speculated about the cost of the bill on their businesses, John Schnatter was the first entrepreneur to put an actual amount on the bill in regard to his personal business.Schnatter has made no secret of who he supports for the 2012 election, and said he does not support the health-care overhaul. The pizza mogul hosted a fundraiser for GOP presidential candidate Mitt Romney at his Louisville, KY home in April. He acknowledged the cost would not impact him as badly as it stands to hurt his smaller counterparts. Papa John’s has a high volume of orders, so therefore it can distribute the costs among its clientele so they won’t feel such a hit.<br style="font-family: verdana, geneva, lucida, 'lucida grande', arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 13.63636302947998px; background-color: rgb(245, 245, 255); ">“We certainly understand the importance of health.........................."

My link

$0.14 a pie sure is a good way to put things to the beer and pizza crowd that they can understand.