Usa Thread

TroyinEwa/Perv

For what I am about to say, please call me sexist, and spit tacks.

It seems to me that the Male point of view, sees a wall as something that needs to be got through, over, under or around. The Female version sees a wall as something that should not be there and it had better get out of the way.

• Like 1

We spoke on this before but there seemed to always be a visceral hatred towards Hillary while she was first lady and before she ran for President in 2008. American men, white American men I knew had a deep hatred. Blacks liked the Clintons as you know. I know some wondered why and I wasn't a Bill fan myself after I analyzed his policies. Living in LA at the time Latino men didn't think anything one way or another and neither did the Asian men I knew. Black men didn't think anything about her either way as well, Black women loved her (and Bill).

Anyway, white men hated her...it wasn't ideological. When queried it was always about her as a person. I didn't get it then and I don't get it now. I didn't support her in the Dem primaries but although I would have gone for a 3rd party (I didn't get my absentee ballot mailed in time...bad CS) I thought she was clearly, visibly a better choice than Trump. Not even a question. Shocked when he won. Shocked it was even that close going into the election. Even Democratic white men I knew didn't like her and was looking for a reason not to vote for her.

Its not the emails, its not Benghazi, it was long before that and those things are used as an excuse it seems when one asks. My guess? And its only a guess, I think she represents the gender war between American men and women . This war is pretty much all men. Not just white but black and asian. Its across racial lines. The reasons for the 'beef' between the genders may differ according to group.Asian men complain that their women don't want to date or marry them and don't view them as masculine enough for them. Black men complain that black women want a matriarchy. 99 percent of every white American male I meet overseas can't see themselves ever married to an American (white) woman. Asian yes. Latina maybe..but white? Hell no.

So, getting back to Hillary, it seems to me she represents something non ideological but symbolic of a general animosity between the genders.

For what I am about to say, please call me sexist, and spit tacks.

"So, getting back to Hillary, it seems to me she represents something non ideological but symbolic of a general animosity between the genders. "

"

You are, as usual, no doubt correct.

I'm not American and have no real understanding of the policies and issues, my take on Hillary is coloured by my traumatic experience of an American woman whom I met in Laos.

This woman looked like Hillary's sister, though quite a lot bigger. I once had her on the back of my moto, I swear there was a sucking sound when she got off.

She was quite involved with the Embassy and social life of Americans in Vientiane, I got to go to a number of Embassy events, maybe I was being vetted, I don't know.

Anyhow, the nature of our relationship was one of business, and friendship. Mutually beneficial on the business side. Until one day, she had a sum of my money, it never came back. She tried to whitewash the issue and today remains on the very short list of people I wish to harm.

This woman has put me off anything that walks, talks and quacks like Hillary. Generalisation and prejudice I know.

But look at it another way. Women who are Hillary look-alikes and behave-alikes who I've met and who've harmed me - 100% - Cute LBFMs who I've met and who've left me with a smile on my face 100%

• Like 1

I had a colleague in the US back in the 1990s who's brother was an Arkansas state trooper assigned to the Clinton governor's mansion. Bro told us that Governor Bill was well liked by the security, while Hillary was uniformly detested. He said Bill treated everyone politely and often with humour, while Hillary acted superior and was often even rude. I don't hate Hillary, but I can't say I like her. She just comes across as an irritating individual. I have a friend in Bangkok who is retired LAPD. He says he can't stand to watch Hillary interviewed, since she can't look anyone in the eye. Her eyes are always shifting to the side or looking down, which is one of the signs police are taught to regard as a sign of lying.

p.s. And in addition to that, she has fat legs. :)

Carter was not personable. He didn't get along at all with Tip O'Neal, the House Speaker. Reagan got along very well with Tip. It was said they both told each other Irish jokes. Carter as a person, a man of character I would say has no equal in the modern era. I'm not talking about his Presidency being successful, but morally, ethically and character.

Thurgood Marshall, the first black Supreme court justice was said to be standoffish. He was from what blacks call the 'boule'. They were the upper class, mixed blacks who believed they were better than their darker hued brethren. Clarence Thomas was very cordial to the staff at the court , Marshall wasnt to the black staff. Marshall was head and shoulders above Thomas in intellect and effect on the court.

Michael Jordan is an asshole. Charles Barkley got along better with people. I know who I would rather have on my team if I wanted to win.

Point is, I'm not concerned about their personalities but how they govern. Lead. On paper, Hillary was the best prepared to be President. I've read about her and she is a nuts and bolts person. She tries to get to the root of issues and go from there. I wouldn't vote for her but its based on ideological reasons. I'm a bit farther left these days.

• Like 1

Oh boy! Seems like the Minneapolis police must have mistaken this white Australian woman visiting to be an unarmed black guy with his hands up and his back turned. He conveniently has his body cam off and the car cam off. Wasn't this the same state that just had a cop exonerated for killing a guy with his girlfriend and her daughter in the car? Said he feared for his life after being told by the driver that he has a weapon in the car, legally and has his permit with him. Doing what he is suppose do by law, in a concealed weapon state.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/australian-woman-killed-police-minneapolis-030759509.html