HMS Birthday

Old Hippie

You went home?

Ironic thing is that HM has repeatedly said he doesn't mind if people drink on his birthday. I mean ... how are you even supposed to drink toasts? With soy bean milk or nam manao?

But remember there was also a special election (or something) this weekend too. How much of the booze ban was due to that! :hmmm:

Always a better....election....after a litten booze....and a tad of medication...

...At least that's what Nong Noi told me,,,,LOL

But what would I know....I'm a Dum AC

I just play the game.... Hmmm bad shit...Chu now No. 2....lol

Chucky's Cheeky has pipped me again....

Tomorrow is another day....555

Thais nod in agreement and say yes, then go off and do as they always have. :dunno:

A few years back, when Thaksin was still the grand poobah, HM gave his annual address to the assembled political bigwigs. He said Thais have a tendency to respect those who are very rich. But he advised that one should look at how people made their money. If they gained it through dishonesty and corruption, they should not be respected. As he spoke he looked certain politicians in the eye - Thaksin, Banharn, Chalerm etc ... the usual suspects. They squirmed some and Takky almost looked a bit angry. Didn't change them one bit though. Remember the modern Thai saying? "Money is god." Even the monks shake their heads and say they can't do much to change things. It is a far more materialistic country than the one I came to in the 1970s.

Archived