Televison with Internet Access

unit731

Is this the wave of the future? All TV's will have internet access built in?

"There is something special about the Google TV experience when you first use it. It kinda hits you when you are able to surf any website and use picture in picture mode with a TV show in the lower right portion of a full screen Chrome browser. Finally, a real Internet surfing experience on the TV.

The television itself represents something that I feel is Sony’s original goal years ago of making that truly networked device. It also has a great deal of software upgrade potential. The Sony Internet TV, powered by Google TV, runs on really nothing more than an incredible modification to Android – in fact, we spotted it was running a customized version of Android 2.1. Sony’s take on Google TV felt quite polished, but not bulletproof."

INTERNET TV

It's not for me. It's just another computer with a big ass screen and an undersized keyboard. All I need is to stream all the contents on my laptop wireless to my tv and I would be happy. Why struggle with a fugly remote if I can have small laptop do that, and a 1,000 times better. I don't see the point, really.

Archived