10 years till next colonoscopy

nkped

Some years ago, I was working in Taiwan and the Chinese there drink a tea made with this

red berry, said it was good for your eye sight.

I started drinking it and upon my return to the USA and having a complete physical exam done,

they said my liver was about to shutdown and die!

Got my attention!!

Traced it down to this berry tea.

The doc said he didn't know why the tea caused such a result on the liver test, said it may not be

a problem at all, but the US docs have never done a study on this berry tea and I could continue

to drink it at my own risk.

I opted to pass up the tea,

Just some things that modern medicine doesn't know about other treatments :dunno:

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More likely the tea (which if prepared properly may be good) is adulterated with any f**king chemical they find lying about in the factory.

Chinese are famous for putting stuff in food/medicine/anything, if they think they can make 10c on the dollar....

I could get an iPhone 5 here in Laos ahead of the release date, but on examination it was running some crap software, not even Android....

I'm due for my colonoscopy, which my doc recommends every 5 yrs. I try the find the best doctor I can find in the area to keep the possibility of errors low. Given the high rate of injuries and deaths from medical errors, I try to keep my interaction with healthcare workers to a minimum.

Some years ago, I was working in Taiwan and the Chinese there drink a tea made with this

red berry, said it was good for your eye sight.

I started drinking it and upon my return to the USA and having a complete physical exam done,

they said my liver was about to shutdown and die!

Got my attention!!

Traced it down to this berry tea.

The doc said he didn't know why the tea caused such a result on the liver test, said it may not be

a problem at all, but the US docs have never done a study on this berry tea and I could continue

to drink it at my own risk.

I opted to pass up the tea,

Just some things that modern medicine doesn't know about other treatments :dunno:

How did they trace it to the tea...?

I have to get a colonoscopy :sad: . The doc who did it the last time is one of the top colorectal surgeon in the area. He operated on Supreme Court Justice Ginsburg for removal of colon cancer years ago and she's still around. :up: However, this doc is now 75 yrs old :surprised: . I'm reluctant to have this procedure done by someone so old. :shakehead:help:

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

I was in for the pre-colonoscopy interview earlier today. The nurse who checked the vitals said, 'you have gray hair, but you are a young man. Heart beat, 61; Blood Pressure, 120 over 72.' :) (The last Doc I saw asked me if I am a runner. She said my heart beats slow and steady like that of a runner.) I exercise regularly, mostly cycling. Doc said there is 1:1500 chance of getting a perforated colon during the procedure :( But if you think about the odds, that's less than one tenth of one percent -- not bad, when the odds of getting injured/killed by other medical errors is about ten percent. I'm more concerned about having a bad reaction from anesthesia. [since I'm so 'young', maybe I should dye my hair for the ladies.]

Archived