Egypt

Coss

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just saw the announcement.

And he said, (in part) I'll move to the side, a bit, and I'm handing over, a bit, to Suleiman, and by the way, those responsible for this violence, I'll get 'em, and I'm the selfless hero.

Suleiman then says, (in part) I'm getting sick of these protests, you are wearing out my patience.

The crowd, which is more like a mass or horde, was anticipatory at the beginning of Mubarak's address, but erupted when he got to the bit noted above.

Apparently there are many thousands marching on the Government TV station.

Oooer!

On January 29, Omar Suleiman, Egypt’s top spy chief, was anointed vice president by tottering dictator, Hosni Mubarak. By appointing Suleiman, part of a shake-up of the cabinet in an attempt to appease the masses of protesters and retain his own grip on the presidency, Mubarak has once again shown his knack for devilish shrewdness. Suleiman has long been favoured by the US government for his ardent anti-Islamism, his willingness to talk and act tough on Iran - and he has long been the CIA’s main man in Cairo.

Mubarak knew that Suleiman would command an instant lobby of supporters at Langley and among 'Iran nexters' in Washington - not to mention among other authoritarian mukhabarat-dependent regimes in the region. Suleiman is a favourite of Israel too; he held the Israel dossier and directed Egypt’s efforts to crush Hamas by demolishing the tunnels that have functioned as a smuggling conduit for both weapons and foodstuffs into Gaza.

http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/opinion/2011/02/201127114827382865.html

The Egyptian Ambassador to the US just called in to a network news station to tell them that they are mistranslating the Arabic statement released in Egypt.

If these countries want America to rule the world I think they better start releasing these statements in English!

Arabic!!!

The nerve of some countries!!!

The Egyptian Ambassador to the US just called in to a network news station to tell them that they are mistranslating the Arabic statement released in Egypt.

If these countries want America to rule the world I think they better start releasing these statements in English!

Arabic!!!

The nerve of some countries!!!

I didn't see the news program. If the Egyptian ambassador was calling the news station to task for mistranslation, and giving the correct translation, this is a Good Thing.

The days when the mainstream Western news media could be relied upon to tell the objective truth are, unfortunately, long gone.

Archived