BKK-Udon Thani (Driving)

Pom Michael

google prajaktra design hotel.

Went there for the lunch buffet, not worth a mention. did not like the "design/boutique" style, unless that's your thing.

If you want to sleep in Udon better choose the 3* Charoen, they have an excellent lunch buffet at 220THB also, seems they are fully booked this month.

Bang Chian hotel is nice also.

And the so called 4* Centara lost some stars, but no one told them...

Still think the KK Pullman is the best place 300km around Udon followed by NG"s neat resort at Sawang Daen Din.

Checked Accor's price last week for Pullman KK, 2600 THB with buffet breakfast.

I still might stay there 2 nights before I leave to Paris-Montreal later this month.

They used to have a decent "international" evening buffet, excellent choices of breads, smoked salmon etc, not sure it's still good quality now.

If you pay a visit to God, I'll jump by.

And yes road 304 is stunning, but had problems finding a decent hotel up in the mountains.

We found one off road with a good restaurant, we were the only clients, both for food and bed, unfortunately the rooms smelled humidity and GF won't go back.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was thinking of hiring a car, having never done this before, what info are they going to need other than my driving license? Also I've only been driving for 5 months would I be prohibited from hiring ? I am talking about a kosher outfit not some guy on the beach front. Any cost info would be fantastic

Some nice hotels (at least from the websites):

http://ajaxsearch.partners.agoda.com/pages/agoda/default/DestinationSearchResult.aspx

Piman Garden Hotel

6/110 Klang-Muang Road, City Center, Khon Kaen, Thailand 40000

Pullman Khon Kaen Raja Orchid Hotel

9/9 Prachasumran Road, Nai Muang, Amphur Muang, City Center, Khon Kaen, Thailand 40000

The Glacier Hotel Khon Kaen

141 Prachasamran Rd., Muang, City Center, Khon Kaen, Thailand 40000

Pullman only one to consider. Friend stayed at glacier, nice but over priced for what it is. When in kk about 6pm onwards they close off a street. One third really good food, two thirds fashion. Good fun. It's near the old mall, with macca's in it, not the new mall, yuk. You have to have a beer at the laundry, opposite seven bar. On the lake have a coffee and cake at the new zealand coffee shop. In evening this turns into a pretty funky market.

Archived