Certainly Not The Best

sayjann

not a lot to say about today.

my lady and i enjoyed a lazy day just walking around,eating and just chilling out.

visited my regular night-time bar and for once my ex-gal was in the bar working.

again i stayed away from everyone and kept a low profile but obviously she had seen me with another lady and stayed well away from me.

again i was basically ignored by her friends working behind the bar except for the ladyboy and one other lady who was involved with one of the 2 moronic englishmen.

earlier as my lady and i were walking along the street she was passing by on her motorbike and stopped to chat and then gave us a lift back to my hotel and i promised her a drink that night for being so kind.

i boight her a drink and her fella got annoyed and started to accuse me of trying to steal her away from him and all that shit.

i had only bought a drink for someone who had done a good deed during the day and why not reward her?

this bloke really pissed me off and i left the bar and walked to my current ladies bar just to cool off and go elsewhere,i don't like confrontation.

but we stopped off in my day-time bar first and i witnessed something which i just observed.

earlier i told of a complete prick who was not liked in the bar,the man who had drunk a ladies drink i had just bought her and when i complained he was so abusive.

tonight i saw him drunk again and he got up on the bar to try and dance around one of the poles and proceded to fall the few feet off the bar onto a couple of tables with people having a quiet drink and trashed them/the drinks and tables.

of course they were unhappy and he just wanted to fight all of them.

this was the final straw for the barstaff and soon the police arrived and took him away while he was wanting to fight all of them,never saw him again.

i was then told a story about him which showed what a prick he was.

it was common practise in the bar for a customer to buy a bottle of chosen spirit and when they left thier name would be written on the bottle and a mark left on the bottle showing what was left ready for them to reclaim it the next day,and the thai barstaff are very good at knowing which bottle belongs to whom.

it seems while drunk one night he had pushed his way behind the bar and just grabbed someone else's bottle and drank from it.

as i say a complete prick.

my lady and i went to see my fave band and i wanted to buy them a drink along with my friends behind the bar.

that morning i had given my lady 2 nights 'pay' and as i was running low on cash and did'nt really want to go to an ATM i just asked her if she would give me the cash back so i could pay the bill and i would give it back the next day.

she denied i had ever given her any money and i still owed HER.....

i know i had paid her and was annoyed at her attitude.

she gave me her handbag and i thought fuck it and went through every nook and cranny but could not find any sizeable amount of cash.

i know i gave her the money earlier,something you remember and i assumed it was on her person somewhere.

she went to the toilet and i just paid the bill(left me around 140bt in cash)and just walked off.

i took a slow walk back to my hotel while looking if she was following but never saw her.

sat and had a beer at my hotel expecting her to turn up but after an hour no sign of her and i just went to bed.

i spoke to her again in the future when i went to see her and said i wanted to pay the BF but she was not interested at all.

but in all the time i spoke to her afterwards she never ever mentioned i had not paid her and i took that as she knew she had been paid,she never made an issue of it.

a shame really as i would have upped my daily price for her and saw her most days.

but her choice.

You seem to have a propensity for falling out with the ladies? Perhaps too much booze? :dunno:

Back in the 60's we used to joke that "'Joe' couldn't get laid in Tijuana with a hundred-dollar bill" (100=600 these days). Clearly, Sayjann needs to ask himself he might be hitting the sauce too much, as u suggest. Or maybe something else. I'm an old, fat fuck, and NEVER been refused a second or third date...and I'm not a big spender or tipper. And I don't spend nights with old or ugly girls.

:dunno:

HH

P.S. I DO enjoy reading Sayjann's trip reports. Make my adventures seem heavenly. 55555555

You seem to have a propensity for falling out with the ladies? Perhaps too much booze? :dunno:

maybe?.

but the gal who i had come back to see decided not to see me after the first night.

her choice and i think i know why and will explain later and this particular lady on day 8 was taking me for a fool and i knew it and i think she knew i had called her bluff.

as i've said before i like a drink during the day but at night i often drank 2 soft drinks to every beer and i was used to not going out until late.

of course i did have too many a few times but i had also been unwell for a few days on and off and was'nt at my best some of the time.

in fact this whole trip i never felt at my best health wise and probably a factor.

of course some of the time it was my fault i fell out with the ladies and other times they were at fault.

being a sort of experienced visitor i know what i want and when i want it and i could vaguely assess when i was being played.

in fact the lady from day 8 was the only lady I DECIDED to leave and others was their choice through other reasons...not to do with me.

#as i've said before i'm quite prepared to find a lady and stay with them for all of my visit but it's up to them to decide.

if a regular nightly income and me paying for food/drinks and providing a nice hotel room for them is not their choice,what can/could i do?.

gone are the days when i'm going to have the ladies play me and think they have me in their pocket.

the gal i had returned to see and ditched me on the first night was SPECIAL and i was happy to see her every night/day.

but as i say she had her reasons why she left me and while i think i know the story i cannot be sure.

but things would still go up and down for the last week of my visit.

and i have new tactic for my next trip.

i do get fed up with walking in a bar and getting hassled for drinks.

if asked i will just inform the lady i will buy a drink after a bj and then up to them.....

but we stopped off in my day-time bar first and i witnessed something which i just observed.

earlier i told of a complete prick who was not liked in the bar,the man who had drunk a ladies drink i had just bought her and when i complained he was so abusive.

tonight i saw him drunk again and he got up on the bar to try and dance around one of the poles and proceded to fall the few feet off the bar onto a couple of tables with people having a quiet drink and trashed them/the drinks and tables.

of course they were unhappy and he just wanted to fight all of them.

this was the final straw for the barstaff and soon the police arrived and took him away while he was wanting to fight all of them,never saw him again.

i was then told a story about him which showed what a prick he was.

it was common practise in the bar for a customer to buy a bottle of chosen spirit and when they left thier name would be written on the bottle and a mark left on the bottle showing what was left ready for them to reclaim it the next day,and the thai barstaff are very good at knowing which bottle belongs to whom.

it seems while drunk one night he had pushed his way behind the bar and just grabbed someone else's bottle and drank from it.

as i say a complete prick.

This so rich coming from someone who has admitted to

Throwing Checkbins at staff behind the bar and storming off without paying

Waving a wad of notes in the face of said person with a "Fuck You Attitude"

Would rather win free drinks in games in bar rather than pay

Too Lazy to walk to an ATM, goes for a night out with only a few hundred baht and asks to borrow money from Bargirl.

Pot, Kettle, Black comes to mind.

You may have been a regular visitor to Thailand over the past decade or so but you have obviously spent most of your time perched on a Bar Stool and learned absolutely nothing about Thai society or culture.

I cannot honestly blame most of the bargirls not wanting to seen with you given your attitude and behaviour, Jai Ron, Khi Neow and Hua Yai are just three traits you have demonstrated, probably you are also Pak Dum with it.

This is not meant as an insult or to be offensive, just my observations based upon what you have stated in your own trip reports.

'Throwing Checkbins at staff behind the bar and storming off without paying

Waving a wad of notes in the face of said person with a "Fuck You Attitude"

Would rather win free drinks in games in bar rather than pay

Too Lazy to walk to an ATM, goes for a night out with only a few hundred baht and asks to borrow money from Bargirl.'

i can understand your points and yes there were times when i was a total wanker.

yes i had thrown a bin at a member of staff but he just went to far in my mind with his attitude all the time that is was so funny that i had no luggage due to thai mistakes.

and while i did'nt pay the bill that night it was no problem as i often went a few days in that particular bar not paying the bill.

but i was an old friend and trusted to pay,there were times when i was told to pay later as bar was closing.

the guy in question was a friend but was a bit of a nuisance at the same time.

he had no chance of any BF's and was so cash strapped because of his gambling habit that he was always asking for drinks off many of the customers.

once he knew i was paying a gal a regular ndaily income he was always in her face asking for money as a loan but it got her upset as she knew she would never get it back and she did'nt like the pressure he was putting her under.

but i have no regrets for waving the cash in his direction.

his persistant begging for cash/drinks was due to his less than frugal lifestyle and i was just showing him what could be achieved if he cut down on his lifestyle.

winning drinks for playing games,since when has that been a crime?.

i see many people in bars just sitting there looking so miserable and keeping themselves to themselves.

the ladies like to play games and a little incentive is up to them.

i may have won many times but i also lost many times and the cost of me buying their drinks was far greater then what it cost them.

their choice to play and often i was playing 2 ladies at a time and if i lost i had to buy 2 LD's which would turn out to be a tidy sum on a daily basis.

overall over this trip i spent far more on their drinks then mine.

and playing games is a great way to interact with the staff and get to know them.

and it was'nt as though i was the only customer on a daily basis to play games with the staff for drinks.

and a difficult situation if you buy a lady a drink and then their friends come up asking 'you buy her drink,why not me?'

your ATM point is made without any knowledge of the situation.

i soon found my card only worked in one particular banks machines and the nearest one was quite a walk away so i just asked for a little cash to tide me over until i got to get to one and withdraw cash.

normal practise for me as i have often lent or borrowed a little cash from the ladies when and if needed.

i never carried my ATM card with me,it was always placed in their handbag and i always told them my PIN number so if any problems they had every oppurtunity to use my card.

and i had'nt gone out with little cash that particular night,just that i had spent quite a bit during the day on various things as presents for the folks back home and spent more then i expected.

i wonder if anyone on this board has never borrowed a little cash from a friend at times knowing their friend knew the cash would be repaid as soon as possible.

and yes i liked to spend time on a barstool but only because these days i have seen just about everything i want to see in the area and i just like to chill out.

play a game/read the newspaper or just chat.

sometimes i would sit at the bar and other times away from the bar and just be alone.

but if folks are offended by my tales then i'll just stop writing them....

" my ATM card was always placed in the lady`s handbag and I always told them my PIN no. ".....wow,you are a really trusting person ,not something I would do.Not a reflection on Thai BGs ( I`ve found the vast majority to be nice people )... :twocents:

your ATM point is made without any knowledge of the situation.

i soon found my card only worked in one particular banks machines and the nearest one was quite a walk away so i just asked for a little cash to tide me over until i got to get to one and withdraw cash.

SNIP

but if folks are offended by my tales then i'll just stop writing them....

Sayjaan

Could you please do the board a service and tell us which useless bank you are using where the card is only accepted by one particular bank in Thailand, thereby saving others the same misfortune, for a seasoned traveler it does seem rather naive to

a ) Only have access to one source of funds

b ) Have an ATM Card that is not either ACCESS / VISA / ELECTRON / CIRRUS PLUS accredited making them acceptable globally. You have been to Thailand many times and must have been aware of this restriction from experiences of previous trips yet did nothing to rectify the issue before your latest trip.

I am not offended by your tales, and as I said I hope you are not offended by my honest and frank observations in my previous post. IMHO a lot of your misfortunes were self inflicted, such as your failure to recognise ATM issue as stated and down to your attitude. 100's of customers buy Lady Drinks or Ring the bell etc, but it is the ones who lose their temper and throw Checkbins at the staff and storm off who are remembered as the ones to steer clear of, especially when followed up with the ostentatious actions of waving a fistful of Baht in the offended persons face.

You may have seen all there is to see but you have obviously learned very little and do not realise what is deemed as offensive behaviour in Thai society. I do not care if the people in question were bargirls or the odd ladyboy, at the end of the day they still have the same Thai morals.

If I had been out in a bar a seen some dopey farang lose his head and start throwing checkbins at staff or waving notes under their noses later I would probably write a report about "Some right Wanker with an attitude" I saw last night in the same way as you are knocking the other farang in your posts.

I have seen the same attitude from so called "well heeled" farangs away from the bar scene in 5 Star hotels and resorts etc as well and have heard what the mistreated staff say about such clientele amongst themselves, and it is not complimentary, I have seen waitress refuse the equivalent of 1 weeks wages as a tip and walk away saying the equivalent of "I would rather starve than take money from that asshole".

No doubt you are probably a decent chap but whenever I see a farang behaving in the way you have admitted to I totally ignore them, it seems as if you cannot act rationally once away from your own comfort zone in the west. Maybe if you were to learn, Jai Yen, Mai Phen Rai and how to count to ten your next trip may be a little less fraught with confrontation and more relaxing and probably more enjoyable.

I admit that in my early days in Thailand I have made similar mistakes, but boy did I sure soon learned quick, you are fifty something years old now isn't it time you started to act it!

Sayjaan

Could you please do the board a service and tell us which useless bank you are using where the card is only accepted by one particular bank in Thailand, thereby saving others the same misfortune, for a seasoned traveler it does seem rather naive to

a ) Only have access to one source of funds

b ) Have an ATM Card that is not either ACCESS / VISA / ELECTRON / CIRRUS PLUS accredited making them acceptable globally. You have been to Thailand many times and must have been aware of this restriction from experiences of previous trips yet did nothing to rectify the issue before your latest trip.

I am not offended by your tales, and as I said I hope you are not offended by my honest and frank observations in my previous post. IMHO a lot of your misfortunes were self inflicted, such as your failure to recognise ATM issue as stated and down to your attitude. 100's of customers buy Lady Drinks or Ring the bell etc, but it is the ones who lose their temper and throw Checkbins at the staff and storm off who are remembered as the ones to steer clear of, especially when followed up with the ostentatious actions of waving a fistful of Baht in the offended persons face.

You may have seen all there is to see but you have obviously learned very little and do not realise what is deemed as offensive behaviour in Thai society. I do not care if the people in question were bargirls or the odd ladyboy, at the end of the day they still have the same Thai morals.

If I had been out in a bar a seen some dopey farang lose his head and start throwing checkbins at staff or waving notes under their noses later I would probably write a report about "Some right Wanker with an attitude" I saw last night in the same way as you are knocking the other farang in your posts.

I have seen the same attitude from so called "well heeled" farangs away from the bar scene in 5 Star hotels and resorts etc as well and have heard what the mistreated staff say about such clientele amongst themselves, and it is not complimentary, I have seen waitress refuse the equivalent of 1 weeks wages as a tip and walk away saying the equivalent of "I would rather starve than take money from that asshole".

No doubt you are probably a decent chap but whenever I see a farang behaving in the way you have admitted to I totally ignore them, it seems as if you cannot act rationally once away from your own comfort zone in the west. Maybe if you were to learn, Jai Yen, Mai Phen Rai and how to count to ten your next trip may be a little less fraught with confrontation and more relaxing and probably more enjoyable.

I admit that in my early days in Thailand I have made similar mistakes, but boy did I sure soon learned quick, you are fifty something years old now isn't it time you started to act it!

bank ATM's is a difficult question to answer and i do not know the answer.

before i left the UK i informed my bank that i would be using my card in Thailand/China and made sure it would be authorised for any use.

like the UK there are many banks which provide the ATM's as there in thailand and off the top of my head i can on think of one or two which accepted my card.

arrived in BKK and tried to withdraw cash and a no-go and no i don't remember which bank the machine belonged to,i just got the message 'not authorised-refer to your bank'.

i had done that before i travelled but was being told my card was unacceptable.

i had enough Thai cash to see me ok for a couple of days but just getting a little more was always handy.

my card is visa and should have access in most machines but it just was'nt.

i knew a cashpoint where i had never had a problem with withdrawing cash in years and i trusted it and used it whenever i needed cash,never a problem.

but some others just said there was a problem and to try again but i was concerned about the '3' attempts.

i don't know if it's the same in Thailand but in the UK if you get things wrong 3 times your card is swallowed by the machine and that was the last thing i wanted.

i have no idea why my card (in certain machines) would not be excepted in which displayed a visa sign?,perhaps you can enlighten me.

but the games question and drinks you bought up does irk me a little.

i never forced anyone to play and they were quite happy to play for drinks,their choice.

i lost out in a monetary way in the long run but fun was had by a few people.

why not have a bit of fun and interact with people who are willing to have a wager?.

i lost a great deal in the end and some of my friends lost money but they kept coming back for more.

as i said i have no objections to your opinions and thoughts and as i say i have been a complete idiot at times,but it's not always my fault...the Thais do do things which are not always good for a tourist having a holiday and just wants a good/relaxing time.

yes i do get annoyed at times with certain things and that is why i tend to stick to places i know and i am known.............we are all friends.

i see the girls play the newbies and shake my head at what happens to the newbies.

but i do object about your line about 'the other farang'

i have NEVER EVER drank another persons drink while refusing to buy one for myself.

i have NEVER EVER walked behind a bar and just picked up another tourists bottle of spirit and drank from it..that is totally unacceptable and stealing in my eyes.

i have NEVER EVER upset other customers and confronted them.

i have NEVER EVER wanted to punch a Thai lady.

in 2002 i was assaulted by a tourist when i prevented him from punching my girl at the time,she was under 5 foot tall and i had to intervene.

i ended up with 18 stitches and 2 broken ribs.

i have NEVER BEEN thrown out a bar or not welcomed back the next day.

of course i have made mistakes and while i regret many of them,not all are down to me.

i defy anyone on this board not to have made a mistake on their travels.

some things will become more clear whn i continue my stories and not all my fault i can assure you.

Archived