Israel Fitting Nuclear Arms On German-Supplied Subs

acockasian

Err, no it's not, it's yours and a lot of other USA tax payers money that support Israel with Billions of $'s every year, about $115 Billion worth!

Think about that Steve.

Heya, I'm very familiar with the fact that we provide a certain amount of financial and military aid to Israel, as we do a whole lot of countries. Its still their money. They do have an economy and some of their own money...lol.

That's a cumulative amount over decades. We provide over 3 billion USD per annum. Not a small amount but compared to our own budget which is in the trillions its not a significant amount.

We've also given billions to Pakistan and other countries with a far more dubious background. I don't like America giving out aid to pretty much anyone, but I think we can do a lot worse than Israel...and have (and are).

My father remarked to me many years ago that he was puzzled by how generous the US government was with our money to foreign nations, but is much more reluctant to spend any on the American people :hmmm:

I guess your father never did a "back-of-the-envelope" calculation! Also remember that a big portion of the foreign aid goes to buying US goods.

My link

In fiscal 2008 U.S. foreign aid spending of $49.1 billion made up 1.64 percent of total spending. The next year foreign aid spending was $44.9 billion, or 1.28 percent of the total budget.

I guess your father never did a "back-of-the-envelope" calculation! Also remember that a big portion of the foreign aid goes to buying US goods.

My link

In fiscal 2008 U.S. foreign aid spending of $49.1 billion made up 1.64 percent of total spending. The next year foreign aid spending was $44.9 billion, or 1.28 percent of the total budget.

Often foreign aid come with an obligation, like using the aid for to buy products from the donor country. I wonder how much countries like Pakistan or Israel are spending on US military products.

PS: I remember that for a time (in the 70s??) the amount of the aid Germany gave to Africa it received orders for german products (infrastructure projects, e.g.) threefold of the aid payments. In the end it was aid for German companies in disguise.

Archived