Yep, I'm Deluded

gobbledonk

It's more a measure of how fucked up my relationships with women have been than anything, but I was reading a guide to Jakarta (!) nightlife tonite when it hit me - of all the women I've met in Asia, I can only remember 4 or 5 who wanted nothing from me beyond my sparkling conversational skills and rapier-like wit. One was an illiterate cook (!) that I have no sexual attraction towards whatsoever and the others are all 'kept' women - effectively, I was drinking another Farang's money. Nice when it happens, but extremely rare, at least for an old buzzard like myself. One was as drunk as I was, and the others were bored - what can I tell you ? Mr Personality, I guess.

Even my 'VTPR' companions were looking for something - obviously - and I always paid for our shared good times - naturally. End of the day, two weeks with girls in China, Indonesia and Isaan cost me more than most of my P4P adventures over similar periods. As I said, fucked up.

When it all comes down to it, the girls I remember most fondly were the girls who had no illusions about what they were there for, but were happy to drink all night and go home in the morning. No late-night psychoses, not a single hint about 'extra tip' or 'lets go for shopping, darling' BS - I miss those girls. So many poor attitudes in LOS now, but I still know where to find a few girls who know how to have a good time - if they are simply acting the part, then its a gift their sisters have lost.

And I'm sure you're all more than happy to keep them laughing until my 'second coming' in 2014 !

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gobble

Whilst I'm sill having to deal with the natural hormonal ups and downs of my lady...

I will just say this

I was like you, in a hole (correct me if I'm wrong) but my girl, 1/2 my age is doing wonders for my self esteem.

There's a magic in this part of the world that is not apparent in the western wasteland

trust me it's true

mind you, it takes a lot of adjustment on our (Fat Farang) part.

Don't give up me boy....

Its not about giving up - just an acceptance that women in Asia are born with a lifelong debt to their parents. Whether she works 12 hours a day in a factory or is kept in a gilded cage by a Farang sponsor, someone has to make those payments - I get that.

Its not about giving up - just an acceptance that women in Asia are born with a lifelong debt to their parents.

Gobble... note that the following is an expressed opinion, nothing more...

The Thais, in fact most Asians, value the family unit more than they value (western-style) independence. Now, if they were brought up by parents who have probably sacrificed a lot for their kids, this 'pay-back' instinct is strong. It may not necessarily be parents; I know distant relatives who have brought up some kids and are treated with the same respect.

When a family is close, they all contribute to a common 'pool'; don't forget that in many families a joint income is necessary for the survival of the family unit. They know how much each person can contribute, and try to live accordingly. Upset that balance and everything goes to hell. There is no social security safety net here, unlike in the West.

------

On the other hand, some people just don't give a sh*t and throw whatever they get to the winds. Problem is, these are basically the same type of people you'll end up meeting at these 'entertainment' places...

Whether she works 12 hours a day in a factory or is kept in a gilded cage by a Farang sponsor, someone has to make those payments - I get that.

No you don't. Not everyone has to make *those* payments - it's what some of them want you to believe.

As an aside - how are your Thai lessons coming? You'll need to be reasonably fluent for you 'second coming'. :)

Just kidding.

Cheers

VK

Just got this from Ms CP - I would point out that she isnt the eldest daughter, but I know her sister would be lucky to have a thousand baht to her name at any given point in time.

Today is my very sad day. Because my father had died today. So I would like to ask for help from you. If we still had a good feeling to each other in the passed memory. I hope that you would understand my feeling. Now I really need money to handle the funeral ceremony of my father. I would like you to send me money by tomorrow because the funeral must to be finished in 1 week

I met the old man a few times - he seemed like a reasonable human being, but I know her well enough to wonder if this is legit. No question that she is desperate for cash, but given the increasingly harsh tone of many of my replies I was surprised to get this email. For this who think I'm being callous, bear in mind that this woman came after me with a knife - that does tend to color one's opinion of a former squeeze.

Archived