Thai Immi - Did It Again!

cavanami

Stamped in = arriving at the airport and getting 90 days

90 report = submitting the form at the Thai Immi office and getting a 90 day slip

My passport is in the "machine" getting the work permit.

Machine = the ladies in the office that take care of all this.

Yes, I use "my" terminology as the University did not offer any courses to educate one in the proper Thai Immi speak... :dunno:

Also, I did not always exit LOS, often I did the 90 day report. It was only when the sun and the moon were in the correct alignment that I would exit LOS just before my visa was to expire and upon which I "used" to get the 90 day stamp in.

What I call the "Retirement Visa" is the large ink stamp, the whole page, that defines the visa as an "O" visa. I would obtain the visa at the honorary consulate in Dallas, Texas. Pay the fee and 10 minutes later you walk out with the visa stamp in your passport.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

Did my visa/WP renewal yesterday. Everything went smoothly, but noticed something odd. My previous extension was valid until Jun 30, we renewed it yesterday - Jun 27 - yet my new extension is only valid until Jun 13. Somehow I lost 2 weeks. Never seen that before and no idea why it happened.

Anyway, glad to get it all sorted again for another year, and with a minimum of hassle (due to excellent help from StoneSoup's staff!).

Sanuk!

The ladies in our office do a great job for the WPs!

Multiple trips to the Immi office, always something extra that the

Immi people want...this year it was pictures of the Thai staff!!!

The farang Managing Director was not impressed with the new request, as he put it...the company employes 15 Thai workers and pay a good salary, the company pays a bunch of taxes and yet the Immi people consistently come up with more bullshit to make doing business difficult in LOS!!!

...and for those that do not know of the mountain of paperwork that must be submitted for the WP, truly ridiculous!!!

Stamped in = arriving at the airport and getting 90 days

....Also, I did not always exit LOS, often I did the 90 day report.

Please explain if you were getting stamped in for 90 days based on Non-Imm "O" visa how you stayed in Thailand over 90 days requiring the 90 day address report?

TH

Arrive at the airport, say 01 Jan, get stamped in for 90 days.

Toward the end of March, I will stay in LOS until say June, so I do the 90 day report in, thus I do not have to exit LOS.

With the retirement visa (O-A), one can either exit LOS or do the 90 day report in.

In the past I did have an "O" visa but changed to the "O-A" so as to have the option of the 90 day report in.

Hi,

"The farang Managing Director was not impressed with the new request, as he put it...the company employes 15 Thai workers and pay a good salary, the company pays a bunch of taxes and yet the Immi people consistently come up with more bullshit to make doing business difficult in LOS!!!"

Yep, they sure make it clear we are not wanted :(

Odd though really considering the amount of money brought into the country because of these foreign companies / foreigners working here.

"...and for those that do not know of the mountain of paperwork that must be submitted for the WP, truly ridiculous!!! "

No argument from me there, I'm guessing the thickness of my file measures in inches already.

Sanuk!

Archived