Thai Immi - Did It Again!

cavanami

Cmon - all those Korean cuties cant have kimchi breath, surely ? :eek:

I once had a guy in BKK ask me, without any hint of irony, if I have ever heard any feedback on the nightlife in Pyongyang. I laughingly replied 'You mean Seoul, right ?' - no, he meant N Korea. His reasoning was that even at the height of the Cold War, when people had to line up just to buy bread, the Russian elite were still living it up somewhere in Moacow, and that all we whities would need to do is find the N Korean equivalent. I think I'd have more chance of finding a ladyboy bar in Salt Lake City, and I'd certainly feel safer having to ask the locals if such a thing existed. Its great running into nutters - makes you a lot happier about your own tentative grip on 'reality' ..... :patty:

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The saga continues...got the proper visa in Penang, Malaysia...non-multi-entry...looking good...OK for 90 days, September something...soooooo, apply for the one year business visa...oppppppps, cannot until I am within 30 days of the visa from Penang ending, sometime this month (August)...

Now, me thinking too mutt, why don't they just issue the one year visa? get the money NOW rather then some weeks from now :dunno:

Someone offers to pay me money they borrowed from me earlier rather then later, GREAT!

Thai Immi...later is better :dunno:

They have some rule that it must be within the 30 days of the present visa ending...hello...Econ 101, get the $$$ NOW rather then later :dunno: :dunno: :dunno: and more :dunno: :dunno: :dunno:

Not need anyone to tell me that is the rule, blah-blah-blah...just illogical to me :dunno:

Cav,

It always has been and always will be that you cannot make your extension to stay until the last 30 days.

Don't ask me why it's just the rule and rather than bitch about it we learn to live with it, no point in getting your boxers in a knot.

Cav,

It always has been and always will be that you cannot make your extension to stay until the last 30 days.

Don't ask me why it's just the rule and rather than bitch about it we learn to live with it, no point in getting your boxers in a knot.

Nothing in a knot, except my brain as usual...just wondering, that's all :dunno:

If I make my visa early, Thai Immi gets the $$$ early...win-win, right? just defies my pae brain logic, not much more then that...

In the 1980s you had to renew your driving licence on the day it expired! Come in a day or two before and you'd be turned away. Miss that day and you had to get a new one. If that wasn't the most asinine thing I'd ever encountered.

Well, except for the days in the 1970s when you had to get a Hong Kong visa at Kai Tak airport to be allowed to go to the desk to confirm your connecting flight. That happened to me once. :p

Since when did the western logic concept factor into any of this?

Were I to try and apply any element of that to the dealings with Thai bureaucracy I would have to say that making the process more convoluted, difficult and pointless is almost a part of the excercise. Weeds out the uncommitted and can't be bothered.

Hi,

It's similar for the 90 day reporting. You cannot do this earlier either. My business partner and I are slighly out of sync with this so he tried going a bit earlier at one point so we could go together from then on. Not possible.

Sanuk!

+/- 5 days of the due date IIRC

so if you are slightly out of sync you could close the gap by 10 days every 90 until they fitted into required timeframe

Where there's a will......there's a .....Dead Relative....

Cheers DS

Archived