The Philippines

Just thought I'd put this up about any who may be considering a little Sank in the PI, this from the perspective of one who used to wear himself out in BKK, Phon Phenn and a few other places but settled in the Republic. Used to post on the board back about 2 yrs ago under a different name too.

Anyhow, despite what you hear about "Ate Glo" The president, putting the hi kibosh on bar girls for the troops in Zamboanga chasing the moros around, Sanuk can be had here in the philippines anywhere, anytime....but with a few differences.

IMHO nothing beats Thailand, BKK or nanplaza for pure unadulterated sex, sanuk and laughs, but good times are available here in the PI if you want a bit different or if LOS gets 'Old".

Angeles city ius still an item after all these years of an abandoned clark airbase. Not much to do besides drink and screw, kind of isolated. A few bars are run by Aussies and Americano expats. Go down to Subic for a shadow of the old days of the US navy, still a few bars doing business, some beach bars and reasonable prices for the girls.

Makati section of Manila is the closest you'll get to Bkk style action. My favorite is the frontier club. However, the system is a bit different, Mamsan will usually pressure you to take a specfic girl, you later pay the BF, lady drinks and her fee all in one fell swoop. This way, the girl gets cut out completely and they usually appreciate the tip and will work a little harder for it if encouraged, its probably the only money she'll earn from the deal. Expect to fork over P1,500 to 2,000 plus drinks.

Down in the provinces, CEBU is getting the bad (good) rep as Sin City, this means every once in awhile some cleric urges city hall to go on a reformed whore crusade, some street action, but the best girls are inside the Videoke and kareoke clubs, (my favorite is the playboy) Its a little more expensive than Angeles or even manila because your paying for the long legged, lite skinned cebuana beauty of song and legend.

Look at P2,500 and work up as the quality increases.

Davao and Cagayan de oro about the same, Videoke and night clubs but much cheaper tariff. Also some street action, but a bit skanky IMHO, street girls might do you for P500 a night, but be careful of minors, get caught with a minor in the PI and its jail for sure!!!!!!!!

There is less AIDs/HIV in the Pi....but more syph and other common STDs like the clap, so put a helmet on that soldier is dentface's advice....enjoy!

Dentface

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks for the info. Sorry it didn't get more play. I have been to the PI maybe 7 times or so, lived there as a kid for 2 years. It WAS a great place. I wrote them off about 8 years back because I was sick of all the scams and bad attitudes. Scams ranging from security guards trying to get more money out of me to bill padding, to police shakedowns etc...Bad attitudes ranging from arrogant shop keepers and desk clerks to punk cab drivers who were pissed at having to haul my fat ass around (sorry guys, thought it was your job...) Far less friendly considering they speak English and can freely converse with you. I did meet a lot of nice people there as well, but on the whole I found it to be a bigger hassle and a lot more expensive than LOS. Just my personal experience. I suppose in fairness, it has been 8+ years, so maybe a return is in order for research and verification purposes.

Hippie,

I've had relationships with a couple of Filipina's here in Oz, and , as a broad generalisation, I prefer Thai / Vietnamese / Chinese girls.

There is a coarseness to the Filipinas I have been with, a braying laugh and a general lack of that soft femininity we associate with Asian women. Always fun when you are in a restaurant with two of them and one burps, then then they both start laughing like donkeys. I guess its much the same with girls from Isaan, and there were girls in Pattaya who reminded me a lot of the darker Filipinas I've encountered.

Having said that, the half-Chinese Filipinas I have seen looked absolutely stunning. I just dont want to hear them laugh ... (the horror, the horror :} )

Great post dentface!

I have lived in Bangkok nearly six years and simply love the place. I will never leave here.

However, the last three years over Songkran I returned to Angeles City where I partied in the past while with the USAF and DoD in the 70s and 80s.

Nothing can bring back those good ole days, but I have to say during all three trips to AC I had a great time. I will try to head there again this December for a few weeks.

Again, I prefer the Thai ladies, but the Filopinas have a lot going for them too, not the least of which is the ability to communicate in English. Oh, I have had some great times in the AC bars, and, they are really coming up with some elaborate ones now like Blue Nile, Nero's Forum and others.

Yeah, for me Thailand is Number 1, but the Philippines is 1a.

some things I like about the PI:

I can relate to the people a lot more than to Thais, I can understand their culture and mentality much better

much nicer beaches

every stupid farang tourist comes to LOS, only weirdos make it to the PI

things I don't like:

hotels and airtickets more expensive

traveling a lot less easy than in LOS

real poverty, nothing like LOS

Hippie,

SECOND ex-wfe - LOL ! Man, excuse me for revelling in your pain, but this marriage thing has not worked out for so many people (my mother is working number 3 into his grave as we speak..).

People who simply co-habitate seem much happier, at least to this bachelor's untrained eye. The Filipinas MAY have better English (I'd put my Thai BG up against any of them in a comprehension test, while admitting that she was was something of an exception), but they are not in the same class as the Thai girls. No-one ever pulled a gun or a machete on me in the LOS, either.

Excellent post dentface! I was in Manila in February this year on business (see my newbie report) and had great sanuk with a couple of Filipina girls. One of the things I liked about them is that they smile so readily and the good looking ones are usually stunners!

I'm going back in August / September and will be staying at Traders Hotel in Pasay City, right next door to Chaos Nite Club and close to the EDSA Complex. The good thing about Manila at the moment is that there are not too many tourists, so the choice of girls is better - yeah selfish I know but you got to go with the flow!

Another thing to bear in mind is that even Manila is not the safest of places to visit, you really do have to be careful if you are out on your own, be warned - be safe and have fun!

Taipan

Interesting comments gentlemen, one and all.

Old Hippie: paradox between you and I, You were married to a Filipinia and seemed to have been a bit soured by the experience and probably turned to "thai to get by". I was married to a Thai for over twenty years and now that I'm rid of her I am soured by that experience as well. Filipinas are much better for a sustaining relationship IMHO. So it is sort of Vice versa for us. I could never trust another Thai woman having seen their shenanigans in the US and overseas as well.

Taipan, you bring up an interesting point, one that Newbies and old hands as well should heed...The Philippines is much more dangerous than Thailand, while IMHO its not as bad as portrayed(and I live in the provinces too) you have to watch yourself.

Manila can come up on you all of a sudden, find yourself in Tondo and Calongaan city and you might not make it out alive. Cant say BKK or TL has naything comprabale. But Upscale Makati where their are some decent bars is no problem. Once again, Sanuk in the provinces is much cheaper and probably less risky than wandering around Manila.

Take care

Maybe you need to find an educated girl and not some gold digging whore brought over as a mailorder bride by a lonely socially inept Aussie smile.gif) (scuse my disgusting sarcasm there)

I know dozens of educated Filipina girls, met all my gf's friends in Leyte, and they are all polite, educated well mannered girls, a guy could do much worse, and the ease at which you can meet these girls is way above Thailand. Funny though, the one Farang I met in Ormoc city was married to one of those loud mouthed uneducated Flip girls, he was late 50's and socially inept, met her on a mailorder bride site and got suckered LOL.

I have to agree though I would never live in the PI for any reason, Thailand may piss us off at times, but its heaven compared to what I have seen through 3 of the main islands in the Philippines.

Archived