Sign in to follow this  
Mekong

Annual Check Up

You have to take care of yourself, first!

If what a doctors says seems not quite right, get a second opinion!! research it for yourself on the internet.

Countless times, the doctors in Thailand give a dozen colored pills without thinking of reactions!

The doctors hate me as I asked questions and do my research. Some of the Thai doctors squirm when I

get on with the questions. It seems the good doctors in Thailand always have been educated overseas and

practiced for some years overseas.

YMMV

Always look up your meds on the Internet before using. A Thai MD prescribed an assortment for a friend, and when he looked them up, the warnings for several of them were not to take them if you were taking the other!

Interesting story here in the state was regarding Joan Rivers who went to an outpatient office for a routine endoscopic procedure accompanied by her own doctors who

decided to do a dangerous biopsis that resulted in air being cut off from lung. She was transported to a nearby hospital where she died some days later.

I've had three colonoscopies. It's vastly preferable to the combination of a sigmoidoscopy followed by a barium enema. The prep for both procedures varies from bad to worse. I remember parts of all three colonoscopies. The first one I was looking at the monitor with this picture of a cavern. After a little bit I figured out what I was looking at and thought hey, this is kind of neat. Good drugs are a wonderful thing. :elephant:

• Like 1