A News Article About Islamic State

Coss

excerpt;

Following takfiri doctrine, the Islamic State is committed to purifying the world by killing vast numbers of people. The lack of objective reporting from its territory makes the true extent of the slaughter unknowable, but social-media posts from the region suggest that individual executions happen more or less continually, and mass executions every few weeks. Muslim “apostates†are the most common victims. Exempted from automatic execution, it appears, are Christians who do not resist their new government. Baghdadi permits them to live, as long as they pay a special tax, known as the jizya, and acknowledge their subjugation. The Koranic authority for this practice is not in dispute.

---

too long for here, click http://www.theatlant...y-wants/384980/

another excerpt;

If al-Qaeda wanted to revive slavery, it never said so. And why would it? Silence on slavery probably reflected strategic thinking, with public sympathies in mind: when the Islamic State began enslaving people, even some of its supporters balked. Nonetheless, the caliphate has continued to embrace slavery and crucifixion without apology. “We will conquer your Rome, break your crosses, and enslave your women,†Adnani, the spokesman, promised in one of his periodic valentines to the West. “If we do not reach that time, then our children and grandchildren will reach it, and they will sell your sons as slaves at the slave market.â€

another;

Muslims can say that slavery is not legitimate now, and that crucifixion is wrong at this historical juncture. Many say precisely this. But they cannot condemn slavery or crucifixion outright without contradicting the Koran and the example of the Prophet. “The only principled ground that the Islamic State’s opponents could take is to say that certain core texts and traditional teachings of Islam are no longer valid,†Bernard Haykel says. That really would be an act of apostasy.

Well not really, the point of the article is that unless something is done about them, they'll be a huge problem, much bigger than we think. They don't really care if we engage them or not, they'd love to fight us, but the primary raison d'être is to raise the Caliphate to heights of glory not seen for a thousand years.

I used to think that Muslims were, by and large, a peaceful bunch, like modern Christians but a different flavour. Some extremists making a bad reputation for all.

But after reading that article (original post) I can see, that to an increasing amount of Muslims all over the world, the rise of the Caliphate is a good thing and for me, this is at odds to a modern, generally peaceful world.

I can see, that to an increasing amount of Muslims all over the world, the rise of the Caliphate is a good thing and for me, this is at odds to a modern, generally peaceful world.

Agree and the anti-islamic climate plays right into it

This is from an organization titled Clarion Call spearheaded by a Sunni Muslim from Canada named Rahel Razza who in my view

is a crusader for a more just and realistic world. No I have not researched her numbers but her group is wisely respected.

What she reveals in this video is fascinating and IS NOT ISLAMAPHOBIA

ITS CALLING A SPADE A SPADE