"Scared" of Patpong...

MooNoi

Certainly you have not described bill padding as I see it. Bill padding to me is receiving a bill for something you did not order or consume. Plain and simple. You drank/ordered five drinks and received a bill for 1,000 B (drinks being about 100B). The bill was padded either by adding bogus chits or by inflating the prices on the chits for the drinks you did order.

Either way you are screwed.

I agree that what you described also goes on in the Kings Group bars as well. More crap, but not really bill padding. When I find a bar employee has ordered a drink on his/her own, it is my cue to immediately leave the bar without paying for that particular drink. Also, I will tell the mamasan or manager why I am leaving.

Again, you usually get a blank stare because they have been caught in the act and are just shocked that you are calling them out on it. I am willing to bet for every person who squawks about their bill there are at least 50 who don't say a word. They just pay up and leave. Do the math. The bars are making out bigtime and don't mind the occasional challenge from a saavy customer.

I hate to point the finger at Kings Group bars, and yes, there are ways to avoid this, but why do they keep trying to pull this shit on good customers? Because they think they can get away with it. Any other reasons?

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I understand from your post that you know what's going on but you don't like the hassle and .

I can understand that; it's probably the reason for me too,that I never spend more than 1 or 2 nights in PP when I'm in LOS. But still I do like PP because it so much different from the other gogo-areas.

By the way, billpadding by boguschits or by inflating the prices on the chits has never happened to me in PP,at least not in a KGbar.

I surely would complain to the barmanager if that happened,or when necessary to the KG-headmanagment.

From what I've read on messageboards and from what KGgirls told me, they do take care of serious complaints.

I'm interested to read of padding by K-G bars. The Kings Group bars must have got worse for this over the years. I took a BKK newbie to Queens Castle II recently and we got padded by about 1500 B. I would have said something but before I knew it my friend had paid up, probably just as well actually. I blame him anyway, for acting like a tourist, exactly like myself 15 years ago! This was not lady-drink pressure but simple fraud. They had a reliable reputation in past years but seems to be going downhill.

Having said that, the one place I always start a newbie off is the Kings Castle I or II. For some reason these bars just seem to be a good place to take a first-timer, they have a great sense of sanuk, loads of girls who appear to be happy, at least superficially. I would not take a girl out of here though, leave that for NEP/SC where the girls are probably less attractive but more easy-going.

Well, let's see, Singha at Star of Light is only 80 baht. BJ is 500 at the bar, 700 in the room (read: closet), BF 400 baht, lady's drink 100. Or so I've been told. Ha Ha. I shall refrain from making an "SOL scared the pants off me comment." I do like some of the smaller bars on Patpong II, never been much of a go-go bar fan, although I am found in them occasionally.

Advice: Go the Pong. Have pizza at Madrid Bar. Get a BJ at SOL. See the show at Supergirls. (Well, I have not been to Supergirls for years, so not sure about that one anymore.)

Then head for Nana Plaza and/or Soi Cowboy.

SS, I was in Supergirls about one month ago and it has gone severely downhill IMO.

It used to be my bar of choice to take visitors to who were itching to see a show. Remember the sound of a motorcycle engine gunning, when suddenly a motorcycle is lowered from the ceiling to the tune of 'Born to Be Wild' and....

Even the lady taking a nude bubble bath used to be fun. Now she wears a bikini and the balloon shooter wears a top and coyly slides the 'blowgun' inside her drawers. Ugh.

And, the collection of dancers/sideline girls available was plain abysmal.

Of course this was one month ago, so maybe tomorrow night it might be better....

twoluckyone, I did complain to everyone in the bar in some sort of authority position. It got me nowhere. Only a call to the Tourist Police (which was never completed) got them to reduce the bogus bill.

It really isn't worth my time to try and contact King's Group management. This 'event' occurs over and over each night in their bars. Do you really think they don't know what it going on there? I'm not sure what I would have to gain from even wasting my time to report such an incident.

I prefer to just stay out of the offending bars and post warnings here. It's up to you whether you choose to patronize these bars or not. I am just relating my personal experiences. However, on this board you hear the same old song about King's Group BS, so the pattern should tell you something.

I really never have anything like this bill padding or ripoffs happen to me in NEP or SC.

And, I do agree with you that the scene in the 'pong is different than the other areas - and not just for the reason given above.

"Even the lady taking a nude bubble bath used to be fun. Now she wears a bikini and the balloon shooter wears a top and coyly slides the 'blowgun' inside her drawers."

You MUST be joking. frown.gif Ah, well. Yes, I used to like the show, too. One night 8 1/2 years ago there was even a REALLY WEIRD farang couple doing an S&M show! Not that I'm into that, but it was so freaky I'm glad I happened to see it.

Do give us a report on your next night there.

I have always, always wondered about the first girl to discover vaginal dart-shooting. What was she doing? Was she just lying around the house one day, and her random thoughts turned to, "Hmmm. What if I took something like...like...a straw, like this one here, and...let's see...Ah! There's a dart. I wonder, could I..." Perhaps several girls, unbeknownst to each other, discovered it separately at about the same time?

Archived