phone threats

Old Hippie

Here's a weird one, a lady I know in BKK keeps getting threatening phone calls from a guy in Europe. She says she will try to get a new phone number, but is worried that he will follow up on his threat to kill her. I suggested a call to the police for what it is worth. I have known this woman for over 10 years and don't think she is exagerating. Seems this guy took an interest in her, and she keeps blowing him off, so now he is pissed or something. He called over 100 times in 24 hours, obviously an asshole with a really good phone plan. Any ideas how she can handle this? Also, how much does it cost to change a cell phone number?

quote:

Originally posted by dee:

ok change the number its free...

and what about caller id...

Change numba, cannot get calls from others.

Caller ID no work outside Thailand calls.

I've heard that blowing a whistle loudly into the mouthpeice of the phone will deter crank callers. I don't know if this works or if it just works with the better audio connection of a hard line.

When I first met my wife an old b/f of her's called from time to time, not 100 times per day, but his somewhat frequent calls did become an annoyance. At first she politely told him the situation and asked him to stop calling. When he became more persistent she gave the phone to me and I asked him to stop calling, to no avail.

Finally, as a last resort, I kept the phone with me and every time he called I deluged him with a barrel full of MF's. I guess, since his intention was to annoy my wife, he eventually tired of the "F you" contest and stopped calling.

Thanks for the help guys, the calls are the short end, I think she is afraid this guy will show up and actually do something. He has been showing up from time to time tryiong to win her over, but all he gets is a "have boyfriend, no thank you" so I guess he's just nuts. Personally, I think he would stop when he gets the bill, and sees what this is costing him.

Archived