Pattaya / Island ????

Pianoman

I am making my 20th trip to LOS, but only the 2nd trip to Pattaya... Bringing GF from Bangkok, and want to rent a boat for the day and go out to one of the islands with nice beach.. Hopefully one with both food and beverages available...

I am looking for recommendations as to which islands are best, and the approximate costs for boat, ect...

I should note that I am recovering from 2 broken wrists, and only have limited use of my hands :(, so can't be swimming out to the boat and climbing on board ::...

Thanks in advance...

Pianoman

ko lan is the island facing pattaya bay; there are restaurants there, but be careful, as they can be real tourist traps.

it can be reached by boat in less than an hour

for the boat you have to bargain, 400-1000 baht depending on size of boat and length of trip is reasonable

My only comment re the boats is that I was dissuaded from catching one by the size of the crowd, and the fact that many of them were Korean/Japanese tour groups who found my TGF and I an endless source of fascination. The thought of spending an hour each way with that lot soon had me seeking alternative distractions.

Hi!

And remember to mind your step on the pier. It isn't well maintained. :D

There is a newly constructed pier at the far end of walking street just after Sim Bayshore but it wasn't open yet this xmas. I suppose that the ferries will eventually move there.

regards

ALHOLK

Pianoman, some mates and I once rented jet skis (sit down type) from Jomtien and went out to Koh Larn for the day. With your two broken wrists it could be a tad difficult but you could always let the GF drive under your expert instructions from the rear :neener:

Some bars often organize day trips out to Koh Larn. Boat, BBQ and beers (plenty of them :drunk:) came to about 800 baht each.

I also heard that there's an exotic deserted island(s?) beyond Koh Larn but you'll have to bring your own food and drinks.

Says racha:

</font><blockquote><font class="small">Quote:</font><hr />

I should note that I am recovering from 2 broken wrists, and only have limited use of my hands , so can't be swimming out to the boat and climbing on board

Pianoman guess you are not playing your piano just now.

Having a wank is probably out of the question as well. :hubba: ::

Archived