Emails not being returned from Tilac Bar......

Shit-Spattered Dog

Anyone tried senting letters, photos, mail to the Tilac. I'm trying to send some photos to a friend who works there but each time I email the bar I'm getting no response.

Mybe they are closed or perhaps they will not act as a maildrop off for the working girls. Their webpage clearly states that emails will be passed onto the girls so I email them asking if mail will be pass along.

The lady I met is moving ( I know this for a fact because she is living with her family on the otheredge of Bangkok, far far past the last skytrain stop on Sukhumvit Rd.) :( So I don't have here current address.

Called her up on New Years and she wants the photos I took on us togather. Now I want to send her my second set of prints. I sent her bar a note asking if they would pass along the mail to her but no ones seems to answer. ::

In my Mailbox today. Kinda sums it up

I appreciate the quick email response. So often the Thai businesses take weeks to answer a query, or they simply never bother to answer at all.

>Anyone tried senting letters, photos, mail to the Tilac. I'm trying to send some photos to a friend who works there but each time I email the bar I'm getting no response.

If the address was something with numbers (like noi_107 or something unrelated to her name) they were created by the bar staff to enable Internet illiterate girls to maintain contact with customers (who may come back to the bar).

If so, they are viewed rarely, and if the girl is not in the proximity, deaf ears.

Again, if so, she may get what what you sent be careful with what you are getting back and don't forget - it's a communal mail.

I wanted to ask more about it tonight but the drift went in a wrong way...maybe tomorrow.

Just one more thing - did she say "this is my address, write to here" or "this is my bar, write to them, they'll tell me".

>Anyone tried senting letters, photos, mail

Ooohhh...just remembered. Not really answering your question, but related and for the record.

I know a bg, hill tribe, not a single day of school. Does not know to read nor write, not even Thai.

Does not know how old she is. Two kids, two non-existant Thai husbands. Acquired a fake ID to be able to work in a bar and go to hotels.

She's got her own email address, receives mail and sends love letters back! Hey, in English! And her correspondents have no idea about that.

The other day, somebody gave her a business card with his hotel name and address scribbled at the back. Two taxi drivers could not read it and what she did - came to us at midnight so my gf could tell her where to go to "work"!

Shit, among all of them, she's a real fighter...

" If the address was something with numbers (like noi_107 or something unrelated to her name) they were created by the bar staff to enable Internet illiterate ( literate? shit)girls to maintain contact with customers."

Info@tilac.com is what I used for an email. It is listed on their web page tilac.com. I addressed the To line : info@tilac.com, so you would think that at an address like that it would get answered. The question I asked was a general question aimed to a admin. staff member or to someone who (would) (could) answer questions like "what time do you close." It was not directed at any one working girl.

"Just one more thing - did she say "this is my address, write to here" or "this is my bar, write to them, they'll tell me"."

She said this is my bar, write to them and it will get to me. :) Then she gave me a Tilac business card with the email and address and map of the Tilac Bar on it. She also wrote her employee number on the card. But now I see that the card lists " tilacbar@hotmail.com " for an email address, I'll give it a try.

It's now been over 10 minutes and it has yet to bounce. :angel:

Thanks for your interest...

Shit.

Anytime you see info@?????? it is a drop mail for all emails sent to ?????? Never person or whatever specific and seldom checked or followed up very musch. Just a geneeral dropbox.

Your other email address may prove more helpful. Otherwise, pickup the phone and call the bar at 6-7 PM, talk to mamasan, she put her on the phone or give you the goods.

Best of luck.

Hi, Showtime,

Just thought that I'd say "hello," as that was my email message you were quoting from (blw).

And, yes, Thai businesses are very poor at answering email (as a whole), even some hotels with online reservation centers can be absolutely pathetic. I'm not sure if it's a language issue or just an extreme lack of business know-how/sense.

Anyway, have a great day.

educatorX

Archived