Emails not being returned from Tilac Bar......

Shit-Spattered Dog

Exactly!

In a perfect world an enterprise should answer incoming e-mails promptly of course. In reality though, there is just not a chance in hell to do so unless you set-up an e-mail support system of sorts. I doubt Tilac has such, or even any interest what-so-ever to take care of customer relationships thru e-mail. It's a bar. They make money thru selling liquour and whores....eh...'barfines' -- not by answering e-mails. It's a dog-eat-dog business and Internet awareness will do very little to keep things going. It's not pretty, but it's reality.

I run a rather large Internet based enterprise myself and I tell you that answering e-mails take up several hours per day! Most people would faint at the sheer amount of junk mail (including individual requests & questions) I receive each day. It has gone so far that I only check certain accounts once a month.

If you take a close look at websites run by large companies you'll see that many don't even have an e-mail address published on-line. There's a reason for that.

Straycat,

Yep, email can surely add up. I once operated a business (aside from my regular profession) which was promoted almost entirely via the Internet and I'd say that I spent about 3 hours per night with email. I, however, had absolutely no problem with spam/junk mail. I guess I was just lucky in that respect.

You're right, of course, about a bar business in Thailand and email... I imagine that this is hardly a top priority.

BTW: What kind of business are you in?

educatorX

Hi, Showtime,

As long as this is a thread about email...........

Did you receive my email with the MS Word forms attached?

I'm just curious as I hadn't heard anything back after sending them and my email account has been acting a little quirky over the last few days.

educatorX

Says sejanus69:

I'd like to know of any bars that DO reply to e-mails.

Well I know of a least one , the Tilac. Sam replied to my email I sent to the bar's hotmail address. He wrote back to tell me that it's ok to send mail to the bar, addressed to an employee. :) :)

I understand that the Tilac rates high on the vote for the best bars and I guess this is one of the reasons why it does.

I hope more bars reply to their emails. A quick and simple way for us punters to keep in contact with our game. ::

S

• 2 weeks later...

Archived