LOS a 'source' country?

Auricman

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you know you were searched for drugs in specific?

Perhaps other contraband......weapons, Cities prohibated goods?

Where did you enter?

What is your nationality? or your race of origin?(That is...do you fit a profile of suspected smugglers?)

Are you a troll?

American or arrogant?

(I have returned...??? to where?)(Can't think of any customs officer except an American to be so stupid or brash to say to someone "a source country"...source for what?...silk?)

Or a DEA agent ?

Interesting????? or paranoid as is the great moral majority with guns ?

7 trips now. Never had my luggage searched and not as much as one question from customs upon returning to Europe (Amsterdam & Copenhagen).

Part of the "problem" for customs here I think, is that they don't know where you're travelling from unless they ask.

I have seen travellers being picked out for a luggage search. I've noticed that this is mostly people who carry "big" luggage e.g many large suitcase. People who travel light, as I do, never seems to get questioned.

Never, cant see how they can know where I have come from unless they look at the passport as a lot of the time I get connecting flight from Amsterdam.

Although you would imagine that destination would attract attention.

I think they are too busy stopping the Arab looking types, not whoremongers returning.

STH

Says LaoHuLi:

How do you know you were searched for drugs in specific? . . .(Can't think of any customs officer except an American to be so stupid or brash to say to someone "a source country"...source for what?...silk?)

Trust me as someone who is frequently stopped, questioned and has luggage searched by customs agents, they are looking for drugs. Yes, agents have told me that Thailand, Burma, Lao and Cambodia are condsidered "source" countries. I have been told that I fit the profile of a drug smuggler( I still don't shave as I have yet to hit puberty). I have been told that I appear to visit SEA too much. I have been told that they were specifically looking for drugs during a luggage check.

I have also been told many other things that they look for and how each interview affects future searches. There are 3 ways to stop you: visual by agent, response to a question by agent or flag on your passport when they run it through the system.

I have also been stopped twice by Thai customs before leaving the country to come back to the States. What surprised about their search was that they reviewed every receipt that I had. They will even call the hotels you stay at to verify your stay at the property.

Here is my record for 2002:

6 trips to Thailand and 5 searches by US customs

2 trips to Brazil and 2 searches by US customs

1 trip to Amsterdam and 1 search by US customs

1 trip to London and 0 search

Wow, some of you guys must look sus. I have about 10 pages of SEA stamps in my passport, and I've never been questioned, nor searched anywhere. I was once "randomly selected" for a check when flying from London to New York. Also, I always fly alone internationally, and I'm a sub 30 yo male.

The lads who know me would probably agree, I look like the type who might consider drug smuggling (read:stupid). At the end of a flight, I do tend to look a bit rough too, but still no questions or searches. This must mean you lot look pretty ordinary!! :dunno:

yeah this seems very 'country of return' specific where US guys get searched a lot. I've never been searched or questioned coming into LOS, but on returning to Denmark been frequently quick searched with my bags who indicate coming from BKK!

Returning to London already a handfull of times last year never been stopped in HM customs :) Very lax one that :sleeping:

Archived