LOS a 'source' country?

Auricman

[color:"green"] if I'd been thinking straight, I would have said, "Because I'm an American and so will live wherever I please." [/color]

I would not say anything that could piss off the agent. Nor would I try to joke with the agent. It could be taken the wrong way and you could spend HOURS going through a detailed search.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Says shygye:

[color:"green"] if I'd been thinking straight, I would have said, "Because I'm an American and so will live wherever I please."
[/color]

I would not say anything that could piss off the agent. Nor would I try to joke with the agent. It could be taken the wrong way and you could spend HOURS going through a detailed search.

I tend to agree. Not only do you subject yourself for a torutous search process but after your "interview" as they like to call them, the agent has to type a report into his terminal that includes any comments you have made that would be considered unusual, strange, hostile, nervous, etc. Based off of that and any interview you could be flagged for future "interviews" when you go through customs.

Thats very true, making smart ass remarks to police men, authority figures never does any one any good. For that 8 second quick fix they can cause you lots of petty inconvenience.

Think about it, if you were the policeman and somebody pissed you off, would you make life easy for him or if it was well within your power to inconvenience them what would you do.

STH

I tend to agree. Not only do you subject yourself for a torutous search process but after your "interview" as they like to call them, the agent has to type a report into his terminal that includes any comments you have made that would be considered unusual, strange, hostile, nervous, etc. Based off of that and any interview you could be flagged for future "interviews" when you go through customs.

"land of the free" ????

"Big Brother" was an amateur ! :banghead::cussing:

A few years ago I got stopped by London customs off the flight from Bangkok. I must admit, I was a scruffy backpacker. Took my passport out of sight for 10 minutes then came back with a saucer with clear liquid in it, some cotton wool and said that he's swiped the joins of the first few pages of my passport and it had turned the cotton wool pink, indicating the presence of marijuana. I was stumped, not having smoked any. He then went through my hand luggage, cutting my bar of soap into pieces and scattering a bag of tea over the table. It was like a joke, but it wasn't funny at the time. I then said sarcastically to him 'I suppose you want to do my rucksack now?' He said 'No, I can tell by your reaction you're not hiding anything'. I was a bit shirty by then and asked for his name and number, but he just blanked me. My passport had pink stains down the spines of the first three pages for a few years until it expired. That was 1984, so I guess they've cleaned up their act a bit since then.

I've been travelling frequently for the last ten years and only been searched once; going from Sweden to Canada!! ::

LOS a 'source' country?

I worked closely with law enforcement in Scandinavia a couple of years back. We handled a couple of major cases of heroin trafficking. These cases were all about African 'syndicates' smuggling heroin from Thailand. (which of course does not equal that all Africans in Siam deal with drugs, nor that all heroin in the World ships from Thailand).

I get reamed at HNL. Lugging two 90 lbs. bags around, thus profuse sweating, with no sleep for the last 40 hrs..... I'm the profilers poster boy. :: Then they ask, "Where are you coming from?". I tell them "Thailand". Then it's "OK, come with us please...." :o ::

I've learned to just accept it already. :banghead:

HT

Archived