INET-EASY SUCKS!

Zaad

They offer 115 hours + 40 hours bonus (that?s 155h) for 849 Baht. That?s 5.4 B/h. That doesn?t sound too bad, but the connection is as good as grass.

I need to reconnect at least 10x a day. 3 Baht for each time comes to 30 Baht a day. Which results in 900 Baht/month for reconnecting only. Nice phone bill. :onfire:

That?s almost 2000 Baht for the use of internet.

Anyway, it?s just very annoying to get disconnected over and over again while surfing etc.

INET-EASY SUCKS BIGTIME!!!!!

I HAVE SOMETHING ELSE HERE FOR THEM TO SUCK! :cussing:

Pardon my french, but what they offer is pure shit on a stick.

I guess I?ll have to go back to CS Internet. I?m not their fan, but at least no need for reconnecting X times a day.

It will hopefully keep my heart cool.

The CS packages that use the 1222 number suck also ... so does Roynet, in fact any ISP that uses that number is often a sack of shit.

Try one with its own dedicated number, or an external modem. I agree with you though, Thailand isnt exactly the leader for internet access in S.E.A.

I have been complaining about the 'unlimited' deal I have from Samart - difficult to connect via 1222 or the 3 BKK numbers, automatic disconnects after 5 hours (if you get that far without already being disconnected), and the world's worst Helpdesk.

Anyway, my one year of Samart 'service' will expire next month, and I am wondering what good unlimited deals are still out there with Thailand ISPs.

Any suggestions appreciated.

PS. I liked LOXINFO and had them for five years, but no unlimited deals and rather pricey on the others. Very dependable though.

I used to like iNET, but like Chang beer, their low price has led to supremecy and they are now the biggest ISP in LOS. However, it seems they haven't added the hardware to keep pace with the increased demand and I have noticed their busy signal rate and ping have deteriorated to unacceptable rates for my purposes. I'm using LoxInfo again which is better, but it is not perfect and expensive. I just don't think there is an ISP you can depend on to work without hiccups. The next step up to broadband opens up even bigger cans of worms. TIT.

I dont know what cable offerings you have in Thailand, but I am very happy with my Optus 3GB-per-month deal, and would find it very hard to return to dial-up. Its on ALL the time, no connection charges, and I consider the $AUD70 per month charge to be reasonable for my level of usage. Dial-up is substantially cheaper, but when you add in connection costs, tying up your phone line, slow speed and periodic connection failures, it just wasn't worth it to save $30 a month by staying on dialup....

ADSL is another option - its cheaper, but still cant compete with cable for sheer speed.

I'm currently living in an army camp for maybe 1 or 2 more years.

So I don't want to spend much money on new phonelines or ADSL.

And it isn't easy to change things around here in the camp and it would take several months.

I'll go on searching for better offers. :)

I heard about an 'unlimited' offer for 333Baht. Exactly what I am looking for. I'll check it out soon. :)

I've tried Inet and others, but been disappointed due to disconnections and slow speed. Returned to Ji-Net's Marathon package, unlimited hours for 499 baht per month, and have been pleasantly surprised. Only one disconnection during the last 2 months. The speed is usually slow, between 28-36 k, but I suspect it's because of the phone connection in my village here in Pattaya.

Every month when I go to the computer shop to buy another month of service, there are new deals. Ji-Net's package used to be 349 baht just 5-6 months ago... :(

(Ji-Net is using 1222, but gives one 20 hours of dialup service in case 1222 isn't working properly)

I paid 256 baht a month for the Samart Unlimited package. That seemed like a great deal to me at the time when I paid in advance for a year.

The past two days my connection speed has been 28.8. It has been taking me 5 minutes or more to make a post here today. Yesterday I just gave up.

I am really ready to switch and I will check out Ji-Net and other possibilities mentioned here.

Yes, I did like Loxinfo, but, again, I don't think they have an unlimited deal and are rather expensive.

Archived