translation for 'chip high' anyone?

chilli13

Says Pharcyde:

I agree with the other posters. Chip Hai is the equivalent to "fuckin´"

It is considered somewhat rude expression. There are two similar, but softer versions.

1. Chip peng! (peng is rising tone)

2.Chip Pong! (so is pong)

I think these are less offensive, but try for yourself. :hubba:

Cheers,

Pharcyde

i am not clear about the pronounciation of those two's; can you write it it in thai to make it clear?

• Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi,

[color:"red"] So...."You're fucking crazy" would be "Khun baa chip hai" ?

HT [/color]

Really, you are not normally talking like that?

What fascinates me the way some of you guys learn Thai (from the real Thais, I am sure). who would talk using "chip hai" in a normal conversation?

I have never, stress never, heard any of my friends or my family use such words and we do not have a problem stressing/emphasizing sentences without those types of words.

"Khun baa mark, mark na kha" or "khun baa jung loei", would have IMO, the same meaning to me. ::

Jasmine :banghead:

Hi,

I agree on knowing the vacabularies, however, I would caution to return the language in kind.

I have lived outside of Thailand over 30 years, I have not found the situation that I have to used "f**k" word yet!!

Funny, though, I met an American who worked in Thailand for 3 years and he know more how to curs in Thai than me, however, he has a hard time speaking to the normal Thais who do not curse, just a thought, gentlemen. :)

Cheers!

Jasmine,

I dont disagree with you. One must choose the right tone at the right time. I would use different vocab when having a laugh with close friends than I would with an aquaintance somewhere official no matter if in Thailand or in the west.

By the way, when you say "normal thais", who do you mean then? :rolleyes::o ::

Cheers,

Pharcyde

Hi Jasmine,

OF COURSE, I'm not going to talk like that. :: :: ::

Just playin' around here. I value my life, so would not use that term when speaking to a Thai.

HT

What fascinates me the way some of you guys learn Thai

My TG is an expert at expressing her feelings and emotions. :o In return that made ME an expert on vulgar language. ::

She only uses these kind of words at home and she hates the fact that I understand every single one of them, she ran out of vocabulary. :)

Archived