Cost of Living in Japan

gobbledonk

What the fuck? Are all 3 non-dormant Tokyo members on the board at the same time on a Saturday? Let's get together for drinks in a little while and pick up Japanese broads!!! As if I don't have enough going on in that category. Artiew can you meet us in Shinjuku at around 7!!! :neener::neener:

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roppongi (and other Japan-based members): Is it really that easy to hook up with the gals in big cities like Tokyo and Osaka? Most of the gals I've met here in Seoul, Korea are on the conservative side, and the ones who are not...well...they're just gold-digging, sadly, and I've avoided them.

If there are any "nookie" benefits/bonuses to be had whilst teaching (or living) in Japan, well...please do tell. :)

Roppongi (and other Japan-based members): Is it really that easy to hook up with the gals in big cities like Tokyo and Osaka?

If you are young, decent looking and living in Japan, then it's relatively easy. There are lots of girls hanging around in Roppongi (sometimes with Roppongi :)) who like to have a gaijin (foreigner) boyfriend. If you are in your early twenties and speak Japanese (always very helpful) then the Shibuya district of Tokyo may be your hunting field. For the adventurous there is much to discover. :devil: But always keep in mind that most girls look for marriage potential. :dunno:

Guys,

A couple of things :

1. I'm glad I could get all 3 of you together in one place, at least one place in cyberspace :)

2. I am surprised that Japanese girls would consider Gaijin attractive (potential) marriage partners. Unless you've got a fortune (and that doesnt fit the English teacher stereotype), you're unlikely to be a better provider than a Japanese guy. Do they want to live in the West ? Have they read anything about the downturn in places other than Japan ? Am I being too mercenary about this ? Perhaps its more about novelty and some kind of rebellion ('I'm going to dye my hair AND marry a Gaijin when I grow up !') ....

3. In 43 years, I can only recall a few instances of no-strings-attached sex : there always seems to be a morning after, and it comes as no surprise that this would be the case in Japan. One way or another, we all pay for it.

Anyway, my rantings aside, its been an education, and I thank each of you gentlemen for your input. Arigato !

I can only recall a few instances of no-strings-attached sex : there always seems to be a morning after, and it comes as no surprise that this would be the case in Japan. One way or another, we all pay for it.

Remind me to tell you guys sometimes about my year-long affair with a girl from Baby Gang (I *know* there are some of you out there who will get this reference).

Roppongi PM'd me and asked me to post this on his behalf :

Many Japanese gals find foreign (Western) men attractive, but more than their looks, it's a jai dee thing.

Foreigners are generally perceived as looking after their wives better than Japanese men. Throw in the prospects of living abroad, internationall travel, cute Eurasian kids etc. and you'll find many gals lining up for a shot.

Thanks, Roppongi - Japanese society is an incredibly complex piece of work, and I'm still not sure that I understand how the country can be so traditional and conservative, yet have such wilful young women running of with the foreign devils :)

Presuming that you amy have indulged yourself this evening and the mods are unable to be here 24/7.

let me remind you that such dicourse is FORBIDDEN on this board and for good reason.

It's also in really poor taste!

(Mods may discipline me later)

Archived