beer chang

allatsea2000

Hey guys

this is probably a stupid question to the more experienced, but i keep seeing 100baht beer chang for example. Im guessing this is like an all u can drink type set up?

If so is chang the type of beer, how is it served, im guessing it is in a cup or something similar. what type of beer is it, is it safe to drink like this or should i stick to stubbies.

thanks again guys

7 days to goo :dunno: [color:"blue"] [/color]

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally objective post from SS who i believe is on commission from Singha.

However which beer one likes is subjective.

Chang is the biggest selling beer in Thailand according to the latest sales figures i have seen (so you are not likely to die from drinking it), but then again so is Budweiser in the US.

Personally in Thailand as long as it is cold I will drink whatever they put in front of me.

Which do I ask for -- Klosters/Klassik or then maybe a Carlsberg.

None of them match a good pint of bitter in the taste stakes imo

try one and post your findings

well if a bitter is what you're after try the fameous london brew pub corner soi33 & be prepared for a major dissapointment :devil:

did not take me long to leave after 1 jug of their 33 brew & order chang after that.

actually chang used to be really difficult to find at most bars a few years back, but now it seems to have beaten singha sales wise...

Says phiketpete:

None of them match a good pint of bitter in the taste stakes imo

Hi pp,

Totally agree. I have never found decent British bitter outside of UK or Ireland. The beer brewed at the Londoner is IMHO undrinkable - I tried it once only. The likes of Kilkenny are vastly overpriced and not the real thing anyway. It is possible that somewhere there is a micro-brewery that produces good bitter beer but I don't know of it. :banghead:

What I have found as a substitute is German weissbier which is widely available in BKK and of good quality. It is not the same taste as bitter but somehow has that "real fresh brewed" flavour that is missing from bottled lager.

It is a little on the strong side though. :angel:

I have never tasted Chang. I tried Singha a few times when I first came to live here but fairly quickly connected it to the headaches and vomitting attacks that I started to experience. These days I don't touch the stuff.

I will give Chang a try - I guess a visit to Cathouse is in order - maybe tonight. :devil:

Khwai

Just love the graemlins

Archived