beer chang

allatsea2000

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One of the nicer things I always do when I go anywhere is drink the local beer. Whether its the Bahamas, England or Thailand. IMHO, Thailand's local products are about mid-level to what I have had in most non-western countries.

I personally prefer beer Sing, but I have friends who swear by beer Chang, which I will also drink happily. You might want to try Sing-Ha Gold, which is a bit harder to find, but some people like better.

Personally, I miss the massive variety of microbrews in the US, but its a small sacrafice for being in Thailand. If all else fails, drink MeaKhong...belive me, it'll do the job

Hi OH,

Tried the 100 baht offer at CatHouse the other day. This was the first time and probably the last - and not just because Top Cat might stop it.

I didn't like the feeling that I could have another free beer, and another, and another. Maybe I am on the verge of alcoholism, but I just had a compulsion to drink as much and as quickly as I could. This was not a good opening to an otherwise potentially enjoyable evening.

I liked CatHouse once again - but next time I will take the half price option. That way I will be compelled to drink less than four beers so that I don't feel I have lost out. :doah:

That's plenty with six more drinking hours to go.

Khwai

I really like Chang- it's fairly smooth considering the punch it has. And that's my kind of beer- easy to drink and gets you where you wanna go.

I wish Singha would find a way to rebound. It has a confused image and really isn't that drinkable, IMHO.

Makes an interesting case-study. Have there ever been any beers elsewhere that managed to rebound after a heavy slide in market share? Seems like once a beer's image goes downhill it tends to stay that way.

Archived