beer chang

allatsea2000

I had Chang at a Thai restaurant in Hong Kong and thought it was the worst beer!!!!!!! When in Bangkok with friends if i want to introduce them to the local stuff I usually said Singha because after half a dozen then next morning your goina have a cracking hangover....

I reckon beer Chang would take it to the next level...So next time in Bangkok and taking the piss I would order Chang....

SB.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

ib13 So where have you been?

Only joking

I agree the bitter in the Londoner is disgusting. I did post 'a good pint of bitter'

Even on the 2 for 1 nights there I would buy the pilsner.

Neither would I go out of my way to drink at the Brew Pavilion. the food is not up to much imo either but it is overall worth trying once. The shows can be good and it is a huge place - something different if you are visiting. Not at all the same as the Londoner bur i think that there might be a connection with 'The Brewmaster' or whatever the guy is called responsible for brewing the beer is called. Could be wrong but I seem to recall that it could be the same guy

• 2 weeks later...

"As far as cheap local beer goes, I always drink Leo these days. IMO this stuff resembles actual lager more than the other Thai beers. Not as strong as Chang or Singha though."

Leo ranks among the worst beers I have ever tasted. To get the price as low as it is, they use rice instead of grain. To compare this stuff to proper lager is a joke.

I didn't like Chang either, I used to stick to Kloster or Singha if Kloster wasn't available. Off the bottle now.

Cheers!

Archived