Good experience at Asavanant Dental Clinic

Says daveh:

Just curious; What does a teeth cleaning cost?

Deep cleaning, with the periodontist, which is brutal, but includes anaesthetic, 1200 baht/hour. Maybe 2 hours needed, if you are a bad case (such was my case- had a bit of gum disease). I am sure that regular cleaning is less expensive.

You can write to Dr. Asavanant at <dentist@asavanant.com>. He has never failed to answer personally within one day!

Be sure to mention nanapl***.com and ask for our discount! :)

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

are you serious about the discount? when they replaced amalgum did they use a dam and a high suction device?, I believe that's the way it should be done to stop the ingestion of mercury which gets released. Thinking of going-peter

Says thai3:

are you serious about the discount? when they replaced amalgum did they use a dam and a high suction device?, I believe that's the way it should be done to stop the ingestion of mercury which gets released. Thinking of going-peter

Sorry, Peter- mostly kidding about the discount. I just remember that Dr. Asavanant was impressed when I showed him the printout from NP.com about his clinic- he asked if he could make a photocopy. Maybe if enough of us ask...?!

The replacement is a non-mercury compound. The pre-existing mercury-containing filling exists as an amalgam, hence, no free mercury to spill about. Everything that I read in peer reviewed med journals discount the <legend> of mercury contamination by dental fillings.

I'll be returning there next week when I get back to LOS, for followup work . Maybe I'll mumble atcha in the waiting room. :drunk:

I agree ... in the States the dentists are in too much of a hurry to get going! ... it's a much more relaxed atmosphere

over here, when you're in the chair.

I also got a porcelin filling as opposed to the amalgam; and, I am very pleased with the results ... getting another one on monday, plus 'final' porcelin crown put in. ... superb dentistry at a fraction of the cost in the States.

I go to the Bangkok Oral & Dental Center on the ground floor of the Q-House Asoke Bldg., Sukhumvit 21 (Asoke). Their telephone number is 02-264-2570.

They also gave me a price list ... can't locate it at the moment, but definitely cheaper than the Dental Hospital on Soi 49. My dentist/oral surgeon at the Oral & Dental Center worked at the Dental Hospital for eight years prior to joining this practice, which is owned by an oral surgeon from Jacksonville, Fl, who also teaches and performs surgery here in Bangkok during certain months of the year. All of the staff speak excellent English.

BTW, not everyone requires a panoramic film ... this is a money making scheme at the Dental Hospital on Soi 49 and at many clinics. At the Oral & Dental Center, I told them that I did not see the need for such a film, and they agreed.

Says Khun_Kong:

Didja get the NP.com discount??
:)

I didn't receive a discount but I was very surprised at their sheduling flexibility. They even stayed passed closing hours to finish up a treatment for me. Unlike in the Staes where if you miss reschedule anappointment it can take you up to a week or two to find one to accomodate your schedule.

I also very recently went to Asavanant Dental Clinic after reading this board. I went for three visits. The first visit I was a checked by the Dr. Asavanant. He took some awesome pictures with that dental camera (magnified 40 times) So I was able to clearly see what the problems were. Three fillings and either a cap/rootcanal/ possible implant or a less costly/easier veneer finish. I decided to go for the veneer finish. I went to Dr. Somsri (resortative dentist) who did an excellent and almost painless job. She is also very attractive and pleasant. I am actually look forward to going to the dentist again! :up: :up: :up

Archived