Undercover in Pattaya?

shotover

Did any of our board members participate in the following undercover sting in Pattaya?

I find it very odd that Thai police could convince farangs to do this. I certainly wouldn't, unless I had to.

Per the Pattaya Mail:

<<Over 50 tourist police and 20 foreign crime prevention volunteers converged on Beach Road and detained 40 women selling their ?wares? along Beach Road.

The 20 foreign volunteers had been dispatched to the areas where it was reported that the women were soliciting male tourists. As the volunteers were approached by the women, police officers stepped in and were able to take the women into custody, after which police recorded their details for official records.

Questioned and fined, the offenders were released with a warning to clean up their acts. >>

This is a dispicable act, and an outright waste of police resources! They pull this shit here in SFO all to often, instead of fighting real crime such as drugs, which goes on less than 100 meters from where they are "stinging" the guys. Having a hard on is such a crime!!! All to raise revenue! The cops who do this are nothing more than common cowards of the lowest order, and the Farangs in this case who helped were nothing more than common xxx! supporting the feminist cause of total immasculation! Damned the lot of them!

In the past the police have visited bars and taken 2 girls from each. The bar owner then has to go to police station and pay 200/500 baht to get girl released.

But the girl has to sign papers to say she was soliciting on Beach Road.

The girls get very upset about this because they then have a record (for something they did not do). Trying to take such a girl to the west is well nigh impossible because of this.

It does not only happen in Pattaya but Samui as well (for sure) and I would not be surprised if it happened elsewhere.

"common fags" here, "homo pedophiles" (spelled incorrectly) in another post...I'm beginning to see a common thread of bigotry and hate in your postings that is not very flattering. I thought hippies were supposed to be all "peace and love"?

Usually the threat of charges from the local coppers. Pattaya has been infamous for this for many years. There are many stories, but not to be discussed on this board, or any other.

Police informants and collaborators (voluntary and otherwise) DO read these boards and DO report.

One of the main reasons that I shun Pattaya. More setups there than a free round of B-52s. :cussing:

"..."common fags" here, "homo pedophiles" (spelled incorrectly) in another post...I'm beginning to see a common thread of bigotry and hate in your postings that is not very flattering. I thought hippies were supposed to be all "peace and love"?..."

Yes, you are right, the "common xxx..." comment was way out of line. Especially as I have no idea if these guys were coherced into it or not. I'd delete it from my original post, however, it appears a bit late for that. I have nothing against gays personally. I will however edit it after the fact, on principle.

I will however stand behind my comment about "Homo pediophiles (however it is spelled)" regarding boy bands. As for my spelling, I am dyslexic, which has some effect, and (more likely the cause) I went to public school in California. So as I have said before, you're lucky it is in English! :) Thanks again for the reminder to watch my manners! I am not above the rules! :)

A good friend of mine in Pattaya knows of the police using falangs to find out if ecstacy is being sold or used. If suspected you have to take a urine test if you don't have any on you and if you seem under the influence. To nab girls soliciting men is a new one on me but anything is possible.

Archived